Mail Call, Harnell 804

Started by jason_purdy, December 18, 2020, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_purdy

Got a sweet Harnell 804 today. It has been well-used (as it should be) but it's still in great shape. The guides, handle grips, and reel seat are all really nice. I had a Penn 706 needing a home so now I have a killer surf combo!

Tight Lines,

-Jason

thorhammer

oc1

Wow, talk about a classic combination.  That's beautiful.  PUM and the whole nine yards.  They both hold their value well so I'm sure it wasn't cheap.
-steve

Swami805

That's a beauty, those poodle grips are super clean,hard to find them like that.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Benni3

The 706 is one i use,,,,,, ;) just took the factory drag washers out and put the carbon fibers in,,,,, :o big difference it's like a van staal with out all the problems,,,,,,,, ;D

foakes

Excellent combo for serious surf fishing!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Jim Fujitani

The previous owner of that 804 must have kept it in a silk rod sock.  I've bought new rods with more scratches from dealers.