OCEAN CITY PARTS

Started by Dominick, January 04, 2021, 07:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Jimmer, one of our generous AT members sent me a box full of OC parts.  The package came a couple of days ago and it included 4 OC reels.  Jimmer that was an especially generous gesture on your part.  I thank you very much.  If anyone needs a part and has the part number let me know.  Jimmer wanted to make sure I payed it forward.  I sorted out the parts and was able to categorize them so that I know what is in the envelope if the part No. is not available.  Here is a picture of the box as I unpacked it and after sorting.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Be careful Dominick.  Look what happened to Fred.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: oc1 on January 04, 2021, 07:55:05 PM
Be careful Dominick.  Look what happened to Fred.
-steve
Nah, I'm not that organized...Fred is a marvel of organization.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Wompus Cat

Hey Dominick What is the Number on Reel below?

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

Looks like a 922 ,but the handle may have come from the 915  ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oldmanjoe on January 05, 2021, 09:30:43 PM
Looks like a 922 ,but the handle may have come from the 915  ?

IF it is a 925 then it does  have the small handle  but it does not have a free  spool function .The lever  on that model merely works as an Anti -Reverse.
I don't know why they would  make it that way since the 922 ,923 were made the in the same time time period .
Prob had a bunch of those internals to get rid of . I save the guts and make all mine Free spool .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

Quote from: Wompus Cat on January 05, 2021, 05:21:42 PM
Hey Dominick What is the Number on Reel below?

Whoever guessed 925 is correct.  The eccentric lever does not put it into free spool.  I suspect that that is correct according to Billy's post.  This is new to me and I will take it apart tomorrow.  Dominick

Dominick

I was taking pictures of a generous gesture.  It was a picture of 4 packages shipped to me unsolicited.  After unpacking the boxes which contained 31 Ocean City Reels there was a note saying in part "please, please, NO public acknowledgements."  So I cannot show the photo of the unpacked boxes as they clearly show the sender.  The note also said "thank you Dominick."  Go figure, the guy sends me a bunch of reels and says thank you.  Well thank you, you know who you are and the generous gesture is greatly appreciated.  Here are a couple of photos of my work bench after unpacking the boxes.  Dominick

alantani

um, you had linda sign off on this first, right?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Wow! Good on ya unknowen donor Both the massive donation and "not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing" i.e. a biblical statement that means giving anonymously.    
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

WOW!

OC West Coast Distributor!

This should take you through September, Counselor.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on January 12, 2021, 02:05:48 AM
WOW!

OC West Coast Distributor!

This should take you through September, Counselor.

Best, Fred

Alan offered me some OC parts so I think I am going to take him up on it.  Dominick

happyhooker

Good to see all the AT members jumping on Dom's inquiry.  Can only promote more interest in these reels.

Frank

Riy2018

Please assist me with old reel. It lookalike star drag is missing.
can I install Penn star drag ?
Thank yiou

1badf350

You may have the Ocean City "Starless Drag"

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"