OCEAN CITY PARTS

Started by Dominick, January 04, 2021, 07:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riy2018

as per ORCA
Ocean City No.923 Reel
The 923 Topsail is the same as the 922 above but had a larger spool capacity and would hold 250 YDS of line.
my reel has a different handle and missing star!

the Ocean City "Topsail" No.922,  a No.922F - came with no star. :(
Im confused, so many OC variations

Wompus Cat

Chris is Dead  on Spot with the Starless Drag on your Ocean City 923 Level Wind Reel

The  Stars will NOT interchange  with Penn on those ( I say NOT but ingenuity and  Brazing, Drilling and re-threading I suppose would be possible )  
BUT if you want to change out your Ocean City to a Regular Drag Star it can be done with Ocean City Parts. .

Some Models you will need to change the Sleeve and Spacer to make it right though .
The 933 would  have been made from early 1950 to around 1958 .During that span a lot of changes were made and some improvements as in a Fluted Spool , Bigger Handle and Stainless Gear on the level wind idler . Without seeing the other side I would venture your Reel to be mid 50's
They messed up in my opinion by removing the adjustable Level Wind Tensioner .Later Models before the Demise of the Company   don't have the Metal Ocean City  Badge but a CHEAP STICKER with TRUE TEMPER on it .
Those ARE BULLET PROOF REELS in my opinion .

Here is a 113 with the Starless Set-UP

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Quotethe Ocean City "Topsail" No.922,  a No.922F - came with no star. Sad
Im confused, so many OC variations

The F Designated Fresh Water Reel Seat No Rod Clamp and a little different shape to fit Regular fishig Rods
They either had a Star Drag or could be Ordered with the Starless Option .Otherwise same Reel .

oldmanjoe

Hard to see the badge on that one ....   But  it sure looks like a 922 tear drop starless 200 yard reel .
   Another give away is the handle !!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 17, 2021, 05:13:01 PM
Hard to see the badge on that one ....   But  it sure looks like a 922 tear drop starless 200 yard reel .
  Another give away is the handle !!!

I enlarged the photo and it is a 933 .
If he will post a pic of the bottom foot and the other side plate we can date it better .
The Handle is what comes with the Starless Drag Reel  as the Regular handle does not conform to the curve on the Drag adjustment .

Riy2018

another fresh image.
did some cleaning.

Wompus Cat

Much Better now we can see what is missing .
The Stop Lever .
The handle screws on the  on this version (it IS the Drag Adjustment )then the stop lever is situated within your selected Drag Resistance you want  then the Retainer Bolt.
I doubt I have one but will look and see .Of course others may have a lever  otherwise you will have to convert it back to Star drag and that will require additional parts .

Dominick

If you need a star, I think I have one.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Here are a few OC parts —

If the stop lever Henry is referring to is here — you are welcome to it — N/C.

But I do not know what it looks like.  Maybe Henry will help us.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

:o   I don`t see one !!!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

If someone could post a photo of the part needed — I and others could look through our other OC stashes of parts.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wompus Cat

Here tis!

Riy2018

this part is missing!. :(

oldmanjoe

That`s the adjustable one , maybe harder to find than the fixed one .

Riy2018

may be I can use
The Ocean City "Starless" Drag control No.795.  The new "Starless" drag came out in 1957 and was named the Sportsman's Drag control No.795. Ocean City touted it as the "first major improvement on salt water reels in nearly 50 years".