OCEAN CITY PARTS

Started by Dominick, January 04, 2021, 07:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Riy2018 on December 19, 2021, 12:54:20 AM
may be I can use
The Ocean City "Starless" Drag control No.795.  The new "Starless" drag came out in 1957 and was named the Sportsman's Drag control No.795. Ocean City touted it as the "first major improvement on salt water reels in nearly 50 years".

Ideally if you can find that kit .
Another alternative is to get an old Beater 112 or 900 Ocean city off e-bay and rob Handle and Star.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

DON3099

Dominick, I would gladly buy one of the reels after the holidays. The only saltwater fishing I have been doing is for fluke, with a spinning set up. This coming season Id like to take a few head boat trips. So a reel I'd be looking for is for that purpose, if your willing to sell.

dusdau

Quote from: Dominick on January 04, 2021, 07:45:45 PM
Jimmer, one of our generous AT members sent me a box full of OC parts.  The package came a couple of days ago and it included 4 OC reels.  Jimmer that was an especially generous gesture on your part.  I thank you very much.  If anyone needs a part and has the part number let me know.  Jimmer wanted to make sure I payed it forward.  I sorted out the parts and was able to categorize them so that I know what is in the envelope if the part No. is not available.  Here is a picture of the box as I unpacked it and after sorting.   Dominick

The timing. I wrote down parts for 922c last week and gave up when I found out hard to come by. Grandpa's old reel and I think he took apart and just never got around to getting going again. Attached a pic.

Riy2018

Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 19, 2021, 05:11:33 AM
may be I can use
The Ocean City "Starless" Drag control No.795.  The new "Starless" drag came out in 1957 and was named the Sportsman's Drag control No.795. Ocean City touted it as the "first major improvement on salt water reels in nearly 50 years".

Another alternative is to get an old Beater 112 or 900 Ocean city off e-bay and rob Handle and Star.
watching eBay and FB once a week.
Maybe it is a good idea to convert for star drag.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Riy2018 on December 23, 2021, 01:33:25 AM
Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 19, 2021, 05:11:33 AM
may be I can use

watching eBay and FB once a week.
Maybe it is a good idea to convert for star drag.
Are you going to fish with this reel ,or is it more of a novelty reel ?   The starless had a very narrow drag setting ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Riy2018

I haven't used this reel yet. Absolutely Im planning to try it for saltwater application, from pier or boat.
what I found that my vintage Penn, Daiwa, OC reels are not the best for distance casting.
Currently my setup is Shimano surf casting rod and Daiwa Slosh with British mag control.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Riy2018 on December 24, 2021, 02:09:11 PM
I haven't using this reel yet. Absolutely Im planning to try it for saltwater application, from pier or boat.
what I found that my vintage Penn, Daiwa, OC reels are not the best for distance casting.
Currently my setup is Shimano surf casting rod and Daiwa Slosh with British mag control.

Can't tell what series of the 923 you have (need to see the Clicker side of the Reel) to determine if you have the Level Wind Tension on it .
At any rate . This reel when coupled with the Right Rod ,Weight, Line and Tensioning on Spool and Level Wind Tension  (if installed )will cast with the best of Reels . They will also Birdnest with the Best of them as well .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him