Don's Offshore Fishing Day in western Australia, Jan. 2021

Started by El Pescador, January 10, 2021, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Don sent this photo and email message - I asked if I was able to post it, Don said, "Go right ahead!!!"  

Email and photo from Don!!!!

Hi Wayne, went out to sea last Wednesday, about 35 Kms, the of shore East wind,
came up quite strong, had to use the drift anchor, to keep the nose of the boat into the waves,
caught to blue bone groper, & one snapper,

I had a nice fish on quite heavy, I was estimating, if it were a dhu fish it would be around the 80 Cm, about 10 Kg,

then it went really heavy full drag, then lost it, when the line came up, there was the swivel & about 8" of the 1M leader left obviously the fish was sharked of,
as we were coming back, the wind went to gentle NW, trailing wind,
so for the last 30Kms, we managed to keep the speed @ 50Kms/Hour,
just reached the boat ramp in time to swap our gear, ready for net fishing, it was a really nice still night on the water, we caught 55 hearing & Taylor,
arrived back home @ 2 am in the morning,

good memories for all of us, we had the ladies with us net fishing, the water was really nice & warm,

cheers, Don.

Thanks, Wayne you can post it if you wish, it wasn't me in the picture, his name is Peter,
he is a plant operator for a shire council in the wheat belt country, about 140 miles from the coast,

Peter very rarely gets the opportunity, to do any fishing, so he and his son rick, really enjoyed the day,
I have just helped Rick, deck out his boat, it is 17M long, we took that out with us the week before, it went great.

Also, it was 38 C that day, It has been from 3 C to 42 C this last 5 Days, only forecasting 33 C for the next 5 days, the average for January is 29 C, so we do get a few cool Days,

cheers Don.
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

Nice report, Don ! Is that normal....losing fish to sharks ?
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne,yes I have had trouble with sharks several times, some times you loose the lot, other times you still have the fishes head on the rig, there has been lots of shark sightings this year, the fish was coming up quite good, till the drag really went on, then know resistance at all. thems are the breaks, sometimes you win, other times you loose. I was awake for 22 hours that day, not good when your almost 75 years old. but a lot of fun, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Cool looking fish,,,,, 8) and great job getting them,,,,,,,, ;D