Updating/upgrading Penn 113H Drags

Started by TunaPuller, January 13, 2021, 01:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TunaPuller

I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.  When replacing the 3-stack with the 5-stack drags on an outside accessible drag 113H, do I replace the felt washer and "cap"(136) with a sleeve and cap washer?  I'm sure I'm not explaining this quite right, but hopefully you guys understand what I'm asking.

RowdyW

You can replace the felt washer & it's retainer with 1 or 2 keyed washers & if you want to you can add another thin wavy washer on top of the stack. You will have to retain the top hat with that type of right plate. It's a mix & match deal to get the top hat edge just a hair higher than the plate with the drags backed off. Your almost home.         Rudy

Bryan Young

Quote from: TunaPuller on January 13, 2021, 01:19:45 AM
I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.  When replacing the 3-stack with the 5-stack drags on an outside accessible drag 113H, do I replace the felt washer and "cap"(136) with a sleeve and cap washer?  I'm sure I'm not explaining this quite right, but hopefully you guys understand what I'm asking.
I normally keep that felt washer that is attached to the drag cap.  I soak it with CorrosionX then squeeze out the excess to keep corrosion our beneath the felt.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TunaPuller

The felt washer disintegrated when I removed the top hat and the old drags had fused to the washers to the point that they permanently marred the metal washers.  :o  I ordered a smooth drag 5-stack with washers and an additional wavy washer, but that's it.  Did I miss a needed piece?

Thanks btw

Bryan Young

Quote from: TunaPuller on January 13, 2021, 02:02:02 AM
The felt washer disintegrated when I removed the top hat and the old drags had fused to the washers to the point that they permanently marred the metal washers.  :o  I ordered a smooth drag 5-stack with washers and an additional wavy washer, but that's it.  Did I miss a needed piece?

Thanks btw
Do you have photos?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TunaPuller

I waiting on the parts from Mystic, but I can take pics of what I have tomorrow when I get off shift.