T.Bud 130 # I.G.F.A. big game rod

Started by 54bullseye, February 21, 2021, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

This is a cool rod I bought off eBay a few years ago. It is very well made the butt is an Aftco mounted into a very heavy duty old reel seat that is stamped wit ( T-Bud ) the fore grip is a very heavy crinkled vinyl material with the Marlin some how embossed into it. The stars which before I received it I thought were painted on are actually done with thread !! The rod has a very rugged set of Fin-Nor Tycoon roller guides and tip. The rod itself has a root beer color to it although it is some what faded and worn it is very heavy duty !!

The rod is marked with builder ( T-Bud  Houston 1984 ) and it was built for ( George Overton  130 # class I.G.F.A. )
That is what I know about so please if anyone else has ever seen one similar or knows anything about the builder or owner please post it back for me.  Thanks for looking !John Taylor

Rivverrat

This is an interesting rod. I hope someone can shed some light on it's history ... Jeff

Swami805

Mr T`Bud put a lot of time into building that one, those stars are woven on there and the script looks woven too, near as I can tell for the pictures. Nice piece!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

Any body on face book with Doc Ski ?    He  most likely knows both party's 
  There is more than weaving done on those stars  !
  Beautiful stick !!!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

54bullseye

Quote from: oldmanjoe on February 21, 2021, 08:55:59 PM
    Any body on face book with Doc Ski ?    He  most likely knows both party's 
  There is more than weaving done on those stars  !
  Beautiful stick !!!!

Where is he from Houston ???

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

54bullseye