My new favorite reel. Thank you Penn, Cortez Conversions & Tiburon Engineering.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 10, 2021, 01:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tiburon frame and spool and Cortez Conversions side plates all machined out of solid blocks of aluminum, hand polished and anodized.  Cortez Conversions stainless steel double dogs and sleeve.  Shown with one of my other favorites, an Accurate 146 Squidder for size comparison.

ReelFishingProblems

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

MarkT

If the little guy is a squidder, the big dude is a whale, make that a black whale!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

milne

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Brewcrafter

Randy, that reel is GORGEOUS!!!!  Even if I had the need, I would hesitate to send that into battle.  That is a beautiful piece of work. - john

Sharkb8

Swami805

How much line did you get on that reel Randy? Enough to hit bottom at Woods Hole?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

Reel?  That monster looks like a fashionista tow truck winch!  Wowza!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Well, as luck would have it, our fishing day was a BUST, winds at 35 mph, gusts to 41, seas 12-13 feet at 9 seconds, so I called Randy Pauley to join us for lunch at our own Fred's-Acclaimed Taco Temple, and he obliged.

Randy brings black backpack??  I asked WHY??

THIS IS WHY!!!!!!! ;D

The Black Beauty Custom Tib'd & Cortez Conversions side plates, internals parts Penn 20/0 classic reel!!!!

AND I GOT TO HOLD IT IN MY HANDS!!!!!   What a day!

Here is our own Randy Pauly with his 1 of 20 Custom Penn 20/0 reels IN THE WORLD!!!!!

People enjoying their lunch HAD NOT idea why we were ogling over this reel, Not a clue,

Here is the stranded fishing crew!   Jonathan (theswimmer), Randy Pauly, and Me!!!!

And check out this vid!!!!   Hear the snapping sounds of the SS double dogs clicking into gear!!!!

Enjoy cause WE SURE DID!!!!

Walking back to his car, I asked does Randy have a name for his 20/0 Shelf Queen???  I suggested the BLACK BEAUTY, the BLACK WIDOW, the BLACK MOMBA....

Randy stops, and says....    BeyoncĂ©

thanks, Randy for your time, lunch was great.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!