TRQ100 Handle Alternative

Started by nelz, April 23, 2021, 12:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I've been looking forever for an alternative to the handle that comes with the first gen Torque 100 reel. This little reel is a tank right out of the box, and along those lines, its stock handle is massive, heavy, thick steel but it's just overkill for this size reel. Add to that the thick steel drag star, and this reel is extremely heavy and leans too much to the right.

I replaced the drag star with the graphite version from a 113HN Baja Special and it helped, but I've yet to find a lighter aluminum handle that fits. This handle has a 18mm square hole and is a full 4mm thick! Last time I weighed it, it was like 3oz.  :o

If it fits a Baja Special (or the US Senators) it will fit this reel. The difference is, those are 4/0 size reels, whereas the TRQ100 is a tad smaller than a 1/0... gimme a break!

Love this reel, but I'd love it much more with a more appropriate handle. Can anybody help?

Dominick

I have the 100 and 300.  I love them stock.  They are a little heavy but I use them mostly trolling.  I never think about the weight when I have a fish on.  Dominick. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.