Ted's Black Beauty Blade and Foam Handle for Dominick, May 4, 2021

Started by El Pescador, May 04, 2021, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Ted and I have been chatting it up lately, he sounds like a great guy, can't wait to go fishing with him.

During the conversations, I informed Ted about Dominick's make-shift hard foam handle on his Penn 310 LW, held together with white twist ties!!!

Ted says, "REELY????"

And wants to fix this problem RIGHT NOW.   Ted sent to me several of his blades and foam handles, mostly for the Penn Surfmaster 100 reels I fish with, and included THIS  BLACK BEAUTY, his words not mine!!!  MINT, BLACK Blade and foam handle, check it out.

So I drove the short block and a half to Dominick's home, handled him some legal papers, told him to review and get back with me, and while he was reviewing the parsed legal words, Linda and I walked back to the garage to find this suspect reel and alleged hard form handle needing repair.   FOUND IT!!!!

REELY Dominick!!!???  You are at the pinnacle of Alan's trust on the site; you are an Administrator, BUTT this is what you do to quality Penn Products???

So, I bring the rod & reel back to my garage for the permanent FIX!!!

Right now, viewing this, which would be your choice for a blade and handle???  Thoughts so!!!

And I was able to make the changeout with NO extra parts left over!!!! ::)   I know Sal is looking down and saying, "Good Job Wayne!"

And I just stopped by Dominick's home to hand back his rod and HIGHLY MODIFIED Reel, he is extremely satisfied with Ted's BLACK BEAUTY BLADE and FOAM HANDLE!!!

REELY a great job on your VERY custom handy work Ted!!!!  Keep churning out the products, we will be the great beneficiary of your custom work.

And Remember, Friends, helping Friends FIX'n quality Penn Products!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Rocket Dog

That's awesome. I am always blown away by the members of this site.

Dominick

Thanks Jueno and Ted.  I love it.  Another Black Beauty hits the AT site.  I hate it when my wife keeps a secret.
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Dominick, a secret is totally different than a "secret reel surprise". Those are ok for our wives to have. Wayne is a good man, this was all his idea. He had mentioned the Mcgivered knob and friends don't let friends fish with a Mcgivered knob !!

Let us know how it fishes

Ted

PS, nice looking reel !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Ted I am really happy with Black Beauty.  I was so happy I modified it slightly.  The devil made me do it.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

El Pescador

Dominick!!

I just now noticed the rubber bands on Ted's BLACK BEAUTY!!!!

Man, you are kill'n ALL OF US!!!!

Seriously Buddy, Get it right!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Wompus Cat

Ted ,whatcha got in a Neopolitan Scenerio  like a Gold/Red/Black  Foam Knob for my 6/0 Narrow and a all Gold Foam for the Gold Narrow 113 ?
I don't think these are gonna catch on  ;D
You may end up in a Ward for Glue Sniffers with these .
I love em !
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

Billy, if Ted comes up with a Neopolitan set, it maka my Granma proud.  Dominick

Hardy Boy

Todd

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on May 05, 2021, 12:47:00 AM
Ted I am really happy with Black Beauty.  I was so happy I modified it slightly.  The devil made me do it.  Dominick

thanks for the morning chuckle

The Baja Guy

mo65

Alright Dominick...thanks for the spewed coffee all over my screen...you guys are a riot! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Dominick on May 05, 2021, 02:28:18 AM
Billy, if Ted comes up with a Neopolitan set, it maka my Granma proud.  Dominick

Well I REELY want a Checkered one

Since the Indy 500 is coming up soon
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

What a three som, Ted Wayne & Dominic, good handles Ted, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat