What's the screw size for tib frames?

Started by Brandon, May 05, 2021, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Hi, I'm looking to get longer screws with my tib frames for my glass jig sticks (6480/90j etc). With the width of those beefy rods, as well as the cork tape and x tube I used, those screws that came with the frame are far too short. Do you guys have recommendations for longer replacement screws? I prefer slotted head that's wide just like the original tiburon screws so there's more bite touching the reel clamp. But I'm open to suggestions as the length of the screw is far more important than the style of the screw head.  Thanks in advance!

RowdyW

Tiburon frames usually use 1/4-20 studs & are locked down with a nut & flat washer. The screw for the clamp has an internal thread to fit the stud. Whatever the thickness of the rod will dictate what length of studs in the frame you will need. When the studs are installed they must be flush with the inside of the frame. Don't forget to use grease in all the threaded holes. The special clamp nuts are available from Tiburon. Use s/s studs & hardware.       Rudy