june 7th, 2021 aboard the avenger, morro bay landing

Started by alantani, May 05, 2021, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

It looks like a Petrale sole. We catch those here in BC , very tasty.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

JoseCuervo

I think the hands (both young ladies) said they were some kind of sole.

theswimmer

Tim wins the Golden Carp, although he is trying to side step the honor.
Hunting and pecking all day , the the Skipper took us kelp paddling which filled the sacks at the end .
All told a really fun trip with a great group of folks  .
More pics....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

More
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Oops , looks like Dave Hall wins the Golden Carp !
His brief victory speech  ,

The trophy filet.
It was an Honor being the winner of this trips Golden Carp Trophy.
I will guard it well during my brief tenure.

Errol Flynn

conchydong

Way to go. Looks like all had a great time. If I only lived a couple thousand miles closer. :-\

JoseCuervo

JoseCuervo

Juan, one of Big Tim's son's (?), Jonathan, the hottie, Bill, and Wayne.

PJ with his flatties,....

Ron Jones

Quote from: alantani on June 07, 2021, 11:23:02 PM
Once again,  they drank all of my alcohol..... ;D

And I man every stinking (Tim) drop!
Well into the morning, several individuals didn't experience hng overs unti the afternoon because they woke up still inebriated, lots of hair of the dog on the pier before we left.

Yes, Fred, I was silly enough to put a shrimp fly into my thumb while loading it with squid. At least I knew it was sharp!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

El Pescador

Guys!

This looked like a great trip, good to see everyone having a wonderful time together!

Ron - The Man - Jones?  Did you lose your scissors??  You are looking great - thank you for visiting.

BUTT, let's get to the serious stuff!!!

My wife, Jennifer, made a cooking sheet of her famous double chocolate brownies for just PJ!!!   CORRECT, PJ enjoyed her tray of sweets she made for our last trip, that Jennifer wanted to make more for PJ!  What a special guy!!!

Jonathan and I enjoyed a cup of coffee together while I dropped off the brownies and frozen squid, he in kind handed me two-quart jars full of his homemade salsa!  And I handed one off to Dominick who is in Los Cabos, right now, enjoying a week of fishing with his lifelong buddy, Joe.

WOW!!!  Jonathan, you NEED TO POST this recipe for all to enjoy!!!!   Better than most of the homemade salsa I've enjoyed while in Baja Mexico!!!!   REELY!!!

Enjoyed a few heaping spoonfuls on my scrambled eggs and hashbrown potatoes this am.  THANK YOU SIR!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

Brownies?  I didn't see any brownies?  I know we arrived late but what's up with that?
I recall the wonderful brownies from a previous trip, I did get a couple of those.  Oh well next time we arrive early instead of Sunday afternoon.

Maxed Out

Quote from: David Hall on June 09, 2021, 08:18:42 PM
Brownies?  I didn't see any brownies?  I know we arrived late but what's up with that?
I recall the wonderful brownies from a previous trip, I did get a couple of those.  Oh well next time we arrive early instead of Sunday afternoon.

Aha !! Now we know why you got the golden carp award David LOL

Whoever invented the phrase "better late than never" obviously never missed out on home made brownies !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Just want to say my wife Lee and I had a great time.  She really enjoyed talking with PJ and Jonathan.  It was really good to put faces to names and meeting more of the family.  I would like to especially thank Alan for being the Charter Master and Club House Host.  It takes a special kind of person to put up with this bunch of pirates for 2+ days.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: David Hall on June 09, 2021, 08:18:42 PM

The brownies were a special gift to me and i brought them home and shared them with my firefighters as we were doing some prescribed burns the last 2 days!!!!