penn 9/0 drag upgrade

Started by Paolo, May 12, 2021, 04:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paolo

Hi, someone have a idea how to get 30-35lb of drag on penn senator 9/0?
i already bought cal.s grease and lucas oil i would get it in 4 days. Can this get 35 lb of drag for my reel?

thorhammer

Ultimate Upgrade drag stack from Mystic Parts-it's in the parts listing for the 115.

RowdyW

What John said. That drag set will pull you over the rail unless you tie your butt to an anchor.      Rudy

Paolo

can i have a link to it? also do i need put cals grease on this washers??

Paolo

im new to forum so i have no idea where is it

RowdyW

For all Penn parts go to Mystic Parts in N.J. USA. They are the primary Penn parts dealer. Yes on the Cal's Drag grease which you can also get at Mystic.

Paolo

how much drag they would give me?

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

RowdyW

Quote from: Paolo on May 12, 2021, 09:14:32 PM
how much drag they would give me?
At least 35# at full spool. Remember the drag will increase more as line gets lower on the spool.

RowdyW

That's it! Go for it. Don't forget a s/s gear sleeve & s/s dog, that's the first step in hot rodding a reel. You might also need a longer power handle & larger knob. Nobody said it will be cheap. Join us at the bottom of the rabbit hole.  ;D  ;D

Paolo

i dont see it on mystic parts

thorhammer

it's UU-Penn114H 7+1; $40. It's there. As Rudy stated, make sure your other bits are up to the task....If your 9/0 has a steel main gear, that'd be a great feature. From there, SS gear sleeve.

John

Gfish

Welcome to the site Paolo. Do you know how much drag you were getting with the stock 9/0?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Paolo

thank you. No i did not know but its rated for 25lb so im sure it would be 22-26lb