penn 9/0 drag upgrade

Started by Paolo, May 12, 2021, 04:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Forgot about that John. I always convert all the H2 & L2 reels I get to the older style setup whether I use a s/s  or brass sleeve. The newer style is weaker under the handle because it's hollow & lacks support like the older style that has the handle screw for support inside. I found that out from a guy in N.C. (I think his name was Dave) that produces electric reels for the different size Senators. He kept shearing off the end of the sleeves till I suggested to him to switch to the earlier style sleeves. It solved his problems with his customers elec. reels.

Paolo

thats too much to replace dog and sleeve. Im going to do them by myself i think. Maybe i would buy a 7stack kit because i have no idea how to make one

thorhammer

Quote from: RowdyW on May 17, 2021, 08:55:41 PM
Forgot about that John. I always convert all the H2 & L2 reels I get to the older style setup whether I use a s/s  or brass sleeve. The newer style is weaker under the handle because it's hollow & lacks support like the older style that has the handle screw for support inside. I found that out from a guy in N.C. (I think his name was Dave) that produces electric reels for the different size Senators. He kept shearing off the end of the sleeves till I suggested to him to switch to the earlier style sleeves. It solved his problems with his customers elec. reels.

Thats what I would do. You have to be talking about Dave Ng, who owns Electramate, not too far from me. Legendary NC bottom guy.

RowdyW

After converting a bunch of sleeves to H models he had a pile of H2 sleeves left over. So he cut off the end of the H2 sleeves, drilled and tapped them for an H style screw. Waste not, want not.