Eagle Claw GT 40 schematic

Started by retiredandfishing, May 15, 2021, 03:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Just got an Eagle Claw GT 40 reel into the shop for service.  It's a larger lever wind and looks very much like a Penn of the same size.    Was wondering if anyone knows a site that might have schematics for this reel.  So far I have not found any.  From what I can diagnose it needs a main gear and a pinion gear. Everything else looks fine. Customer wants me to fix it and to put in carbon fiber drags. 

Thanks, Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gstours

WOW 😮. There's more than three of these still in existence?     Twenty five years ago I picked up several of these to fish bottom fish in Oregon and Alaska.    I've got one that is in good condition if you want it.
  It's yours for the postage.    The others were ruined literally by settling the drag too tight.
  Other wise they were inexpensive, pretty good design, but I killed the others.
       My daughter got a 150# halibut by accident,  it never worked good again.............🎣🤷‍♂️

dlrider

I'd sacrifice a reel for a 150 lbs halibut  ;D  I'll look through my stuff for one now.

JoseCuervo

Quote from: dlrider on May 18, 2021, 06:16:15 PM
I'd sacrifice a reel for a 150 lbs halibut  ;D  I'll look through my stuff for one now.