What would you do?

Started by joesquid, May 20, 2021, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

Quote from: Wompus Cat on May 26, 2021, 11:44:23 AM
Don't limit your search on just a 285 Tail plate as I am PRETTY SURE  the  60,65,80 ,85,185,and prob some others will work .

I was going to say the same, although you will end up with an "interesting" looking reel, it will work well.  I use the Mystic Parts pages as a guide for cross-reel part compatibility (and franken-reel research).  Although non of these pages will tell you you can put another reel's template on a 285, you can get a rough list by looking at the page for the spool part:  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/29L-85.aspx   If you look at that page and the "select reel" field, you will see a list of other reels that take the same spool.  Any from that list that also have the same hole pattern on the side plate will likely fit your reel. 

There will be other reels' side plates also, that take a wider version of that spool, with the same side profile.

Wompus Cat

Joe I have messaged you a couple of times but maybe it aim't working  ,I almost have your broken plate restored . Shoot me your address via p/m so I can send it back to ya. Or e-mail me  at  oldreelcollectors@yahoo.com
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Here is your  Plate .
I was able to make a piece to fit where the Chunk was missing and  Repaired the broken piece .
There were also some hairline cracks inside I was able to fill  too.
Strong as ever.

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

joesquid

Sorry, been away for a bit.  That's awesome.  Can't wait to see it in person!  Thank you!

joesquid

Put the Delmar back together with the plate Henry repaired.  Not only was the plate broke in 3 pieces, one of the pieces was missing. Great job Henry!