Can't Paint because of Humidity so ............... Super Polished

Started by Wompus Cat, May 29, 2021, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

My  Smaller  80' by 100' Garden was tilled ,Composted and ready to plant 3.5  weeks ago but it has Rained Damn near every day since and it is Grown over in nut grassa and everything else so am going to have to do it all over when it dries up  .
Was goona paint one of my Dam Reels but too wet to do that too.
So why not sand it and shine it up .

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

happyhooker

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

That looks good, Henry —

To protect the aluminum from oxidizing — a coat of clear works pretty well.

Lots of products out there — I have used Everbrite.

But being a body shop guy — you likely already know this — or an even better product?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

:)    Watch out when the sun comes out , the heat and glare will get yea ..   ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Quote from: foakes on May 30, 2021, 04:51:01 AM
That looks good, Henry —

To protect the aluminum from oxidizing — a coat of clear works pretty well.

Lots of products out there — I have used Everbrite.

But being a body shop guy — you likely already know this — or an even better product?

Best,

Fred

Still have some tweaking to do and gonna work on some kinda deal on a Spool to Blend in .
When I get close I will finish with several of  Mothers line of Polishes and preservatives and that will give it a Blue Pearlescent Glow .

Quote from: oldmanjoe on May 30, 2021, 02:21:05 PM
:)    Watch out when the sun comes out , the heat and glare will get yea ..   ::)

It was hard to get a decent photo with or with out a flash and I am not through with polishing yet ....lol
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Milan S

tristan

Quote from: Wompus Cat on May 29, 2021, 08:45:50 PM
My  Smaller  80' by 100' Garden was tilled ,Composted and ready to plant 3.5  weeks ago but it has Rained Damn near every day since and it is Grown over in nut grassa and everything else so am going to have to do it all over when it dries up  .
Was goona paint one of my Dam Reels but too wet to do that too.
So why not sand it and shine it up .

My Eyes!

MY EYES!!

lol

Great job, btw!

Midway Tommy

Send your wife out for an all afternoon excursion on a breezy day and paint it in the AC. Then open all the windows and set up a box fan in an opposite wind direction window. She'll never know, unless that is, you're sloppy & get overspray on everything.  ;D When it's hot & humid or too cold outside I'll grab a drop cloth & spray in the laundry room.  :o  Been caught a couple of times, though.  :D  ::)   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gobi King

nice, confuse the fish with the glare and bammm, in the live well ;-)

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan