2 Days of Sorting 400+ Pounds of DAM Quick Parts

Started by foakes, June 23, 2021, 12:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Fred or anyone else, ever see a box for the early 50's DAM Quick 250 Standard?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Right, Clint —-

The tiny 7.8 ounce 1001 Microlite can be either a right-hand or a left-hand retrieve.  All one does is reverse unscrew the handle assembly then screw it onto the opposite side.  No tools required.

The difference between the 1000 & 1001 is basically only cosmetic.

The 1000 has a bright aluminum skirted spool and crank.

The 1001 has a "black-out" appearance.  It is the tiniest of the "01" series which includes 6 larger reels.

The problem I have with the 1000 & 1001 reels —-

Once you use a DQ 1000/1001 Microlite —- the rest of your Microlite reels will tend to gather dust.

The strongest gears, worm-drive, large drag, skirted aluminum spool, centerline gearing with both the main and worm pinion gears supported on both ends by frame-mounted bearing and bushings.  High speed 1:5, all aircraft grade machined aluminum casing and rotor.

All in a tiny powerhouse that fits in the palm of your hand.

When I use one —- it is loaded with 4 pound mono, and mounted on a 5' to 5.5' glass rod such as a Fenwick.

No finer fishing, IMO —- and this combo is capable of bringing in very large fish without breaking stride and no damage whatsoever.

Just release or keep the fish and cast out again —- no drama.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Quote from: Gfish on April 17, 2022, 05:02:55 PMFred or anyone else, ever see a box for the early 50's DAM Quick 250 Standard?

Yes they did, Greg —-

Here is an old 67 year Standard box and reel from the outer upstairs excess storage.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Thanks buddy. Should be an interesting search. I really like this reel, maybe do onea my typically opinionated look-see toutorials.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

rlavery2

Fred, Thank you very much! So, I own three of the 110N's - at least that's what it says on the name plates (and each has the fish decal on the opposite side). The nylon washer I referenced originally has an OD of ~5/8", and I suspect, based on your comments above, that this is not original. My guess is that the prior owner lost the hex washer, and just used an old reel part that "worked". Somewhere in a schematic I thought I saw a nylon washer referenced, but maybe that was for the 110? Anyway, underneath the drag knob is a hex "compartment", so I suspect that I need (3) of the hex asbestos washers. I have to say that the drag with the nylon washer is very smooth, but I'd really like to get all of these back to original.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Quote from: foakes on April 16, 2022, 09:39:14 PMSure, I'll send you (3) rlavery2 —-

The 110N uses hex asbestos drag washers

The 110 uses the larger nylon round washers

The 265 Microlite uses the leather washers

110 & 265 can be used interchangeably

The 110N is specific to that reel, and is not nylon.

Just need to know which reel you have.

And PM me your full name and mailing address, please.

Best, Fred

foakes

Got it, Bob —-

I'll put (3) in the mail to you today.

N/C.

Best Always,

Fred

--------

Fred O.