Fracking hot in Bremerton/Seattle area!

Started by kmstorm64, June 28, 2021, 08:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

And not talking about fishing.  Temps are supposed to hit 108 here and upwards of 115 in Vancouver, WA. Work is letting us out early, to hot to work on the boats or in the offices as there is no AC.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

JasonGotaProblem

Meanwhile, the city of Tampa has still neber seen the top side of 100°

That's wild.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

foakes

At 1:15 here in the Sierra Nevadas of California — at 4500' — it is 100 degrees.

We had 108 on Saturday — and a few more days of above average by 25 degree weather is forcast.

We are fortunate that it does cool off at night with a nice breeze.

We don't have A/C.

Saturday, I weed-eated for 4.5 hours, took an easy day yesterday — then started at 7:00 this morning to seal up and prep  for shipping 93 bins of reels that weigh around 2000 pounds.  All done at 11:00 AM — took a shower and had some lunch.

I was raised and worked most of my life in Fresno, where the temperatures are routinely 100+ most of the time between Mid-May & the first of October.  So it is not a big deal.  But I wish it was a little cooler, or closer to normal.

Take care everyone, in this heat — work smart, and plan your work in advance so as to not get heatstroke.  Salt tabs help, also.  Along with drinking plenty of water — BEFORE YOU ARE THIRSTY.  Stay hydrated...

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wailua boy

I have to run into Anacortes,WA for physical therapy today and it's cooking but  I think the humidity in the Pacific Northwest makes it feel much hotter

Hardy Boy

Record heat here in BC also !! Of course Celsius is way hotter ............ ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

philaroman

somebody deep-fake a photo of a
Quote from: kmstorm64 on June 28, 2021, 08:09:03 PM
And not talking about fishing.  Temps are supposed to hit 108 here and upwards of 115 in Vancouver, WA. Work is letting us out early, to hot to work on the boats or in the offices as there is no AC.

are the sasquatch lining up for full-body Brazilians?  :o

Aiala

We've had three days in June at 120° or higher... two at 119°... even for here in the desert, that's just nuts.  :P  Today we're having a cold snap, only 115°...  8)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Wompus Cat

Cold Front Here in Tejas
but Humidity was Humiliating

Scattered showers
°F°C
Precipitation: 60%
Humidity: 83%
Wind: 7 mph
Waco, TX
Monday
Scattered showers
Temperature
Precipitation
Wind
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

happyhooker

My sister-in-law is near Portland--even hotter than Sea-Tac, but I believe they have more places with a/c.

Frank

kmstorm64

The local squirrels were laying out in the yard, too damn hot. No A/C here.   Add 35-40% humidity, and it just plain sucks.  I think yesterday was the worst. Still, all in all, better than wearing fracking body armor  and full kit in Iraq in 130 degree weather.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Lunker Larry

Here in Ottawa we're baking along with high humidity with temps in low 30s celsius. Record for the hottest day ever recorded in Canada was set in Lytton BC yesterday at 47.5 celsius which is 117.5 Fahrenheit. BC temps are normally in the mid 70s this time of year. They're worried about the runoff from melting snow in the mountains. Probably not a good thing.
Shorter and milder winters have brought all sorts of pestilence north. I grew up in Niagara Falls and never had to worry about ticks. Now they're like a plague everywhere along with all sorts of forest munching invasive species.
Sad to say but I'm kinda glad I'm going out of this world and not coming into it.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

philaroman

and that's all minor stuff
just wait 'til something MAJOR moves
like, Tornado Alley or the path of the Gulf Stream

Dominick

Low 70s here in Northern California.  I wish it was hotter.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

Never heard a them kinda temps. in the great NW. This doesn't bode well for the fire season.
Being the kinda person I am, I use a close approximation of what Larry said, on X'ers, Millinials, gen.Z, etc., when they get on my nerves with things like their social politics or digital/screen obsession. "Well, us baby-boomers gave-up and went resource-use crazy, despite all the warnings,  good luck solving them problems with your lack of motivation and living your whole life through your screens. I ain't gonna be here long enough for the worst of it!"
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on June 29, 2021, 06:25:50 PM
Low 70s here in Northern California.  I wish it was hotter.  Dominick

Welcome back, Counselor —

You were greatly missed!  Little quiet without you...posts were too serious!

Don't they have internet down in Mexico?

Please give Sue's and my best to your wonderful bride, Linda.

Best Always, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.