WTB Jigmaster 501

Started by johndtuttle, July 07, 2021, 03:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Hey Randy!

I'm looking to buy the junkiest 501 with aluminum spool that you are willing to part with. Ideally the real is is bad but salvageable condition. I want to polish and grease and cuss at stuck bearings for fun! Heck, a true basket of parts would be fine too.

Just lemme know what you got!

;)

Vintage Offshore Tackle

John, I have tons of ugly Jigmaster side plates and 501 bases and posts.  I have some 501aluminum spools, but I don't think that any of them are ugly, and that's the problem because good used 501 aluminum spools are a little bit pricey, $30 minimum. 

If I have an ugly aluminum spool, I could sell you an ugly 501 reel for $40.  It would be functional, but the take-apart screw would be missing the retainer ring.  Would that work for you?

johndtuttle

That's more than fine, Randy. Honestly looking for a project not a bargain.

I'll send ya' $70 and you send me the worst you got that still would be recoverable in your professional opinion.

Just post or pm your payment info w/e is easiest for you.

John Tuttle

769 Lavastone Dr.

Lincoln, CA 95648

John, even with shipping, I can send you a nice 501 with aluminum spool at that price.  Would you prefer an ugly functional reel for less money?

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

John, that's a very generous offer, and I appreciate it, but I can deliver a decent looking 501 with aluminum spool for that price, even including shipping.  If you really want an ugly but functional reel, I can do it for a lot less than that.

Do you want ugly for less, or nice for $70 delivered?

Thanks again,

Randy

johndtuttle

Welp, I just can't win  :D.

Lets go with a functional 501 reel with alu spool for $70 shipped. Ideally in black :)

Just let me know how you would like payment.

Regards, John

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Will do John.  PM sent.

Thanks again,

Randy

johndtuttle

PM replied, thanks for everything.

--J