The Liver Eaters Gathered Last Night at Dominick's July 7, 2021

Started by El Pescador, July 08, 2021, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

You read the title correctly!!!   The Liver Eaters enjoyed Liver last night at Dominick's!!!!

Growing up, my Mom made Liver and Onions with a cream sauce 3 times a year and we had it so often eating liver was just what we had.

Fast forward, our first son was born 39 years ago, and while our baby and Jennifer were staying for a few days in the hopsital, Jen's mother, my Mother-in-law,

made me her version of Liver and Onions for me!!!

When our second son was born, 35 years ago YESTERDAY, I again was having Liver and Onions with my Mother-in-Law.

I've been wanting to have some, and Linda tells me Dominick's MAKES THE BEST LIVER & ONIONS!!!

So... Last night the Liver Eaters gathered for this. Enjoy the photo fest.

The STAR of the Show - Calfs Liver       THANK YOU, Dominick!!!

With Pan Gravy.

Bacon - straighter than a Kansas Interstate!

The spinach and garlic in the upper right!!  WOW!!  That alone I could have enjoyed a plate full.

Here is the Money Shot!!!

Onions are GONE.

Liver is almost GONE.

Nope, all GONE.

And I have to say, GOD love my Mother and her cooking skills, BUTT Dominick's Calfs Liver and Onion meal was the BEST I've EVER HAD!!!!

Seriously,

THE BEST.

Thank you Dominick for the invite - Tacos at the local taco truck on me next week!!!!

If you want his recipe as him for it!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on July 08, 2021, 11:19:10 PM

If you want his recipe as him for it!!!!

Wayne
My friend Jueno has been hanging out with me too much.  He is even sounding like a New Yorker.  Jus as$ me.   ;D  Dominick

P.S.  Thanks for the accolades my friend.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

a long time ago, a co-worker told us that her husband hated liver.  he said, "if i ever come home and smell liver, i'll divorce you!?  my co-worker replied, "if you come home and smell liver, you'll know what it means...".   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

I love liver & onions, especially with pan fried potatoes & steamed asparagus!  :-* I enjoy fried chicken livers a little bit more, though. Cracker Barrel has great chicken livers. I get them every time I go there.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Swami805

My father would cook us bacon and lamb kindeys for breakfast, was pretty good. We'd have liver  and onions for dinner from time to time too. Good stuff!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Wow.  Just...Wow.  I was always the guy in deer camp that made liver and onions - and half the guys couldn't bring themselves to enjoy the goodness.  Those pictures were so awesome I'm going to see if I can convince the folks at the county courthouse that my Germanic last name is actually a misspelling and that Dominick needs to adopt me.... - john

philaroman

oh, good -- it's a feast
was afraid he stole Fire from the gods & they sent mean eagles w/ taste for liver  :o

Tiddlerbasher

Wompus Cat

I was Forced to Eat Fried Liver in Grade School .
That was nearly 60 years ago . I had to Smother mine in Ketchup to gag it down or go hungry the Rest of the Day.

With that said it has Never appealed to me to this Day .
However after looking at this Rendition I will have to try it once More .  Might have to put a Clothes pin over my Snoot but willing to try again .
Nice Sumptuous  Presentation !
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

Great way to get lots of iron into your system short of chewing on a hunk of cast iron.  :D :D

Rancanfish

I'm a solo liver eater too!  L.E.A. (Liver eaters anonymous). I very carefully cut out any thing that might be chewy.

That presentation is 4 star restaurant stuff Dom. 

I had a good friend in junior high school that was Italian.  I was always afraid to go to his house for dinner.  His mom would put out huge plates of food that were impossible for an 89lb kid to eat.  Being raised by a depression era dad meant you didn't waste food. I'd keep eating until they would notice my suffering lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.