A few older Everol reels

Started by 54bullseye, July 09, 2021, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

Here is a colorful group of older Everol reels from the 1960s into the 90s. My newest is the 14/0 Cairns on the left. They all have been used and have a bit of rash but no corrosion they have also all been cleaned and re lubed ! You don't see them often on the forum so I figured I would change it up !!  Enjoy !
John Taylor

Wompus Cat

Bee U TEE Full !!
Thanks for posting them !
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Thanks John, I think you have posted them before, but the more often the better, just great man, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

54bullseye

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 09, 2021, 09:03:36 PM
Thanks John, I think you have posted them before, but the more often the better, just great man, cheers Don
I have posted some Everol's before but just took these pictures today. The 14/0 Cairns just came this week.

Paul Roberts

Wow! Beautiful reels. Not sure I'd have the courage to break into one of those.

milne

Stunning John !!
Wow, They would look fantastic on any Shelf....
Thanks for sharing...

Col

Swami805

Nice reels!!! They have that style that makes them so unique. Thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Quote from: Paul Roberts on July 09, 2021, 10:33:42 PM
Wow! Beautiful reels. Not sure I'd have the courage to break into one of those.
They are pretty simple once you have been in a few. The drag pressure springs can be intimidating first time in as there are quite a few !! Pictures along the way first few times !   John Taylor

Paul Roberts

Yeah, I suppose so. I really enjoy the work. It's somehow meditative, and satisfying when I get a reel back into working, even top-performing, condition.

Looking at the Everol schematics, the drag washers are massive! I guess when you are tethered to something the size of a car, you'd need that.

Reeltyme

A great bunch as expected John. I will have to say that the black 14/0 is my favorite, followed by the "The Best" 14/0. Time to get that 18/0 and maybe the 20/0!

54bullseye

There pretty new !! I like the "Best" the best !! Then the 14/0 Cairns. Boy the Cairns drag is like butter smooth ! Nice reel !!

Bill B

JT I  never get tired of seeing your gems....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Robert Janssen

Wow! Absolutely stunning collection; by far the finest I have seen in one place. And I have been to the factory. I gotta say, i really like your photography too. Great quality, and some character too. Great stuff.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

UKChris1

Lovely pictures of some lovely reels. Tough as old boots, smooth as silk, very powerful beasties and all spares available from Italy - got to love them.

I have a slightly battered 12/0 Cairns that taught me how to fix Everols (easier than most lever drag reels); and a beeyoootiful 6/0 'The Best' model that I am going to load with 130lb 'braid' with 80lb mono topshot for some serious sharking.