JDM OJ Body Screw Help

Started by ReelPatina, July 18, 2021, 06:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelPatina

Hat in hand , looking for some help finding some replacement screws for one of my Circa early 2000's OJ 1500P . I have tried emailing several of the Asian major tackle sites and something is being lost in translation when I ask about them. Also ordered some from Shimano USA and they were not much help as the screws they sent were too small.

Case in point , make sure your screws are  good and tight before letting a friend take a beloved reel out for a ride lol. My own fault.

Any help would be appreciated.

handi2

It looks like most of the Shimano screws would fit. Especially from the Torium series. They have short and long body screws.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ReelPatina

The difference in hexbolt body size between the original ( taken out of another JDM 1500P that I own) and the US OJ part # 2807 is night and day .

oc1

Reel screws are notoriously difficult to find generic replacements for.  If that is one of the correct screws you have there, then you need get the thread count, diameter, perhaps thread pitch and length.  Compare those numbers to generic screw catalogs.  Probably metric.  You might luck out.

I did not know that the JDM reels had different screw sizes than exported reels.

ReelPatina

Yes, original JDM screw vs US current.