Florida Ohana fishing trip

Started by JasonGotaProblem, August 23, 2021, 04:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

These west coast folks get together for fishing trips on a regular basis. And I'm sure it's easier because it seems a majority of the members live near the Pacific, many seemingly in Cali.

But what about the rest of us? Would there be any interest in organizing a Gulf of Mexico charter trip that leaves from somewhere in FL? Near me would be cool but not a requirement.

Just throwing out a wild hare idea.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

nelz

I might be in on an Atlantic side trip...

jgp12000

Jason,
My cousin lives in Destin,We have been out on this one particular party boat several times, and limited out on red snapper.
Where are you located? I am retired now in GA. and can go whenever? We also like flat fishing for speckled trout and reds. Destin has a fishing rodeo and seafood festival every October, it's a good time to be there and not so hot. The 1st offshore trip I ever went on was out of Savannah,GA. (31 years ago now), a 6 man trip 30 miles out. We caught king mackerel (on outriggers), Mahi mahi, amber jack, and barracuda.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sharkman

There is Hubbards 39 he trip in Treasure Island FL

Benni3

Morehead city have headboat trips in last week's of September to November,,,, ;) Savannah ga has great fishing but only been to there air museum,,,,, :D southern Florida Atlantic side has great fishing all year,,,,, :-\ so if we can get something together,,,,,,, ;D

Mjg378

Definitely Maybe!   
Destin is in driving distance.
Mike
Memphis Tn

Gobi King

Go for it,
shall we have a zoom meeting?

My twin brother, Bennie and I have been talking about a few East Coast fishing dates we need to put on the calendar. 

When are the runs or best time to fish there?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Wally15

I live in S GA, have a place at Mexico Beach (Panama City area). Anywhere from Tampa to Pensacola is within my driving distance for GoM fishing. Heck, I've driven non-stop to Venice, LA (and back!) for a 2 day deep drop trip.
For Atlantic fishing, I can handle Cape Canaveral to Morehead City.
Be nice to get a Gulf or SE Atlantic trip together.
Mike

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

JasonGotaProblem

Well, we've reached the point of interest where the potential participants can no longer fit in a canoe. It's a start.

I'm in Tampa. There's a lot of parts of Georgia that are closer to me than Destin. That doesnt mean it's a dealbreaker if everyone else prefers that but it wouldnt be my first choice.

Admittedly I have zero deep sea fishing experience, and honestly not a ton of experience fishing from a boat in general, I'm mostly stuck on land with some kayak action for variety. which is part of why I'd like to make this happen. As such I would need to lean on someone a bit more experienced to help me pick an ideal date relative to what we'd be targeting.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wally15

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on August 25, 2021, 02:15:23 PM
Well, we've reached the point of interest where the potential participants can no longer fit in a canoe. It's a start.

I'm in Tampa. There's a lot of parts of Georgia that are closer to me than Destin. That doesnt mean it's a dealbreaker if everyone else prefers that but it wouldnt be my first choice.

Admittedly I have zero deep sea fishing experience, and honestly not a ton of experience fishing from a boat in general, I'm mostly stuck on land with some kayak action for variety. which is part of why I'd like to make this happen. As such I would need to lean on someone a bit more experienced to help me pick an ideal date relative to what we'd be targeting.
It's 2.5 hrs from Mexico Beach to Destin. And 5 hrs from MB to Tampa. If Destin ends up being the departure site, you're welcome to RON at my place in MB. Both coming and going. Assuming I get invited, of course.  :)
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Gobi King

Destin has a few boats going out, before covid, I was usually out in Orange beach (Gulf Shores) every month to fish.

15 hour drive for me :-)
Fichigan

Benni3

Ok hooking a 1,000lb marlin is difficult but they are there,,,,  ;) hooking a 600to800lb gothic grouper is easy in Florida,,,,, :-\ it's a hole different ball game,,,, :o it's not like bluefin the fight is quicker but harder it's so intense,,,,,,,, ;D

Gobi King

Quote from: Benni3 on August 26, 2021, 07:34:55 AM
Ok hooking a 1,000lb marlin is difficult but they are there,,,,  ;) hooking a 600to800lb gothic grouper is easy in Florida,,,,, :-\ it's a hole different ball game,,,, :o it's not like bluefin the fight is quicker but harder it's so intense,,,,,,,, ;D

600 lb grouper, hmm, Bennie, I will be out practicing with my pink rod/reel with a bobber and cow gills.  ;D
Fichigan

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!