Birthday Bass

Started by JasonGotaProblem, August 26, 2021, 11:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Took the day off today and went kayak fishing for my birthday. This is definitely my personal best bass as an adult. I think I got a few bigger ones as a kid but my arms were shorter so it's hard to compare. First time using shiners, and i still have a few alive so I may go see if anything toothier is biting tonight.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

happy Bday Jason, what reel/rod did you used to catch that nice bass?
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: steelfish on August 26, 2021, 11:36:20 PM
happy Bday Jason, what reel/rod did you used to catch that nice bass?
BG2500 and my star rod free line trolling. Dude gave a fight. First 5 minutes on the water and not a bite after that.

Donnyboat

Happy birthday Jason, nice picture, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Nice bass a i hope you have great birthday,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Nice job!  That's a healthy looking fish - really nice shape.  Way to go! - john

Sharkb8

Happy birthday Jason, nothing better than going fishing on your birthday.

Kim

oldmanjoe

:) Happy Birthday      ???  just the one fish.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oldmanjoe on August 27, 2021, 12:37:12 PM
Thank you. First cast. Fished for an hour and a half after that and not a damn bite. He must have told his friends.

philaroman

well, there you go -- shoulda' fished for an hour and a half after BEFORE that  ;D ;D ;D
you got it backwards -- prob., not senile, YET!  just confused by that backwards handle  :o :o :o

may you live as long as you want to & want to, as long as you live

Gobi King

Happy Birthday!

lunker bass,
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

JasonGotaProblem

Ok here's the mildly annoying part. I didnt keep the fish because I'm not familiar enough with the lake. And there's a water treatment plant a few hundred feet away. I thought ok definitely don't want that, if something goes wrong I'm downhill from that. Seemed like an open and shut case despite how remarkably clear the water was.

Well turns out it's a DRINKING water treatment plant. The lake is a huge wellhead. And that's one of the cleanest bodies of water in the area. Definitely shoulda kept it.

Well, I'll go find him again i guess. I know where he lives.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on August 27, 2021, 12:40:08 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on August 27, 2021, 12:37:12 PM
Thank you. First cast. Fished for an hour and a half after that and not a damn bite. He must have told his friends.
Well just to" bust them "  there are smaller barrels around to fish in  ::) ::) ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

JasonGotaProblem

I don't generally buy fish anymore I prefer to catch my own. But I will make an exception for some Cajun crustaceans for my birthday dinner (a few days late).