Old Glory- Sept 8th Overnite

Started by Bill B, September 08, 2021, 04:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks Bill, nice report, just a pity, there are inconciderate boats  skippers on the water, if you could call them that, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crab Pot

Bummer Bill, we had some private boats on my trip at the 425 that Lord Nelson himself would have lit the broadside.

(I love history, got the reference)

Seems none of the boats are putting in the numbers these past two weeks.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Swami805

Way to give it hell Bill. Seems like a boat goes prospecting one day and finds them and the fleet birddogs them the next and scatters them. Then there's the clueless yacht guys how should probably stick to harbor booze cruising because they're sure not good fisherman
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Aiala

Exceptionally thorough and well-written report, amply illustrating why my overnight boat days are a thing of the past... For this old lady, once-a-year ROYAL STAR 7-days or longer, period.  8)
~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Mjg378

Great report.  I felt like I was there.   Thank you!   
Mike

pjstevko

Bill it sounds like you went well prepared and gave it a solid effort! It stinks you guys never got into them good but you did what ya could.

It sounds like you're ready to upgrade from overnight trips to 1.5 day or longer. When you're ready to go that route try to get on the Pacific Queen or New Lo Ann! They are fish killin machines!!!!

Bill B

Thank you for the kind words....this is my second tuna trip, the first was a 3 day with Alan on the SOA.  I'm still new to the game but getting more comfortable doing this.  I'm learning new things every trip.  What to pack, where to park, gear to take, line class, hook size, heck even sleeping on a boat.  The next trip watch out...gonna slay'em......maybe, hopefully, possibly 😁. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on September 11, 2021, 02:37:33 PM
Exceptionally thorough and well-written report, amply illustrating why my overnight boat days are a thing of the past... For this old lady, once-a-year ROYAL STAR 7-days or longer, period.  8)
~A~

Old lady. No. Nope. Not buying it. Especially looking into your pea-shooter barrel with you winking back.