5601 C4

Started by Scattergun2570, September 08, 2021, 06:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Anyone know if this reel is the one with the flipping switch feature.?  Thanks

Swami805

I don't think so. A left handed 5600 c4.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

redfish12

I don't think there are any round Abus with a flipping switch. That 5601 is a left handed reel with a thumb bar style clutch release.

tincanary

None of them have a flipping switch to my knowledge.  Many around me love reels with flipping switches for jigging walleye in the Detroit and St Clair Rivers as well as Lake Erie.  It makes it much easier to get to the depth the fish are holding and quickly adjust as they move.  I did a mule earlier this year for a friend, a 4601 C4 I modified to behave like it has a flipping switch.  Granted, this modification isn't reversible, but my friend loves it.  I ground off the tab on the clutch arm that engages the sprocket at the base of the driveshaft.  Thumb bar goes down and line comes out.  Let go of the bar and reel it in.  It's about the perfect walleye jigging reel.

philaroman

if you want both, lefty AND flipping, take a look at the "spool-forward" Daiwa lo-pro's
no rear thumb bar, at all -- only thumb-friendly toggle on top
TD-X, TD-S can be found pretty cheap...  more for TD-Z
standard capacity 103-size tends to be cheaper than narrow 105:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=daiwa+%28td-x%2Ctdx%2Cteam+daiwa+x%2Ctd-z%2Ctdz%2Cteam+daiwa+z%2Czillion%29+%28left%2Clh%2Cl%2Fh%29&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

this flip/pitch design works best for me: a righty who hates switching hands!!!
pref. L/H retrieve on small round & lo-pro, palmed from the side, rather than held from below...  
basically, my TDX HVLA never leaves my right palm unless I put the rod down