TLD 2 speed 30A

Started by Donnyboat, May 28, 2022, 04:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi everyone hope your all keeping well, & leaving some fish in the ocean for me.
      I have just started to work on the above reel. I was having some trouble, undoing the nut on the spool shaft, front plate side, I could not get the nut to turn, so I placed a shifter, over the pin on the tail plate side, then the spool shaft, came out of the nut, but the nut is in a bit of a mess now, is this nut supposed to be molded into the XT-7 composite, frame, on the face plate, thanks in advance, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Sorry I thought I had this post in the conventional reel section, could one of the moderator please shift it for me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

boon

The hex is part of the sideplate. If you've boogered it up too much the drag won't go back into freespool reliably, and the only proper fix is a new sideplate.

Hopefully it's not too bad.

Keta

Moved.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

crud...  yeah, that is molded in and is fixed.  you'll need to order a new side plate.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Thanks Boon,Lee & Alan, Alan I did look @ your tutorial on how to get more drag with one of these, nothing mentioned about taking that part to pieces,  I will need to knut something out, Just maybe I am in the market for one if, anyone reads this & has an old not spear, face plate, that they want to sell, please message me, I will do some more resurch in office hours tomorrow, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Sorry Alan, I am not holding you responsible, for My mistake, I should have done more resurch, before I dived into it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat