Akron 1894L Manufacture Dates??

Started by jgp12000, September 15, 2021, 11:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I picked up 6 combos today at Goodwill for $32 including an Akron 1894L/True Temper 4100 rod combo?, Zebco 33 ,888,404,a cheapo spinner (just for the rod), another Mitchell 300 missing lots of paint. My neighbor reloads and has a brass cleaner that uses SS media similar to small needle bearings. After disassembling I am thinking about running the 300 and the  Akron through the hopper, he says it mostly polishes. I may powder coat the 300 pink for my granddaughter or something different camo ? The 300 is being stripped  either way, I am concerned it might damage the Akron's finish?

foakes

Good bargains!

Should be able to play around with some of them, and maybe sell a couple to pay for the whole lot.

Good searching!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

you think the SS media will damage the Akron?

oldmanjoe

I would do it , just keep the glass end cap out .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jgp12000

the reels are in the hopper now for 3 hours, I soaked the Akron 1894L handle in dawn/water and the plastic split in half on one end never seen that happen?