Salmon cracker snack

Started by gstours, October 22, 2021, 02:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Always keep it simple.  Fresh smoked salmon if you make it,  pull apart. Mix a dab of sour cream and some tarter sauce together, if possible chop some fresh dill, add enough cream cheese to make the stiffness to spoon on crackers,    Enjoy 😊

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

El Pescador

Gary!

Does Mary Jo have you on a diet???   not much salmon spread on that cracker!!!

During our last fishing trip with you, your lovely wife sent a PINT of Smoked Salmon Spread for our fishing day!!!

It is always good when you can fish hard BUTT not lose weight!!!!

Let's plan on summer 2022 for a return visit!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

thorhammer

Maxed Out

Great timing Gary. Just finished a batch but have no crackers. Off to the store I go !!

Wayne, package coming your way next week  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

bluefish69

Gary

You better check your PM's

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

gstours

Mike, sorry about checking my pm,zz.  I got super busy,  and here's what happens, sometimes when it's your turn good things happen.    Maybe just another accident? :)
   Ted, your smoked salmon looks great 👍.  Now what about those crackers,   What are your favorite brands?
  As for you,  mr Wayne, to have my wife make you guys some dip shows how great of a gal she really is. ;).     As we usually don't measure from batch to batch the big differences are subtle.   Butt always good.a :'(.         She likes coho, kings and my favorite,  sockeye is right up there,  butt harder for us to obtain.

Maxed Out

Nice fish Gary

My favorite cracker for the smoked salmon is a Ritz
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

TED!!!

Agreed!   & DITTO on the RITZ!!!

Nothing ELSE like the richness of the Ritz Cracker and it holds up GREAT as a dipping spoon & serving tray for the salmon dip!!!!!

Again... Another fishing day with Gary the BUTT MAN and a PINT of Mary Jo's homemade Salmon Dip, most of the pint was consumed by ME!!!  

Dominick just wanted his cup of hot coffee!!!

To each their own!!!!

Wayne

gstours

I got bored with Ritz crackers after I was buying the Big box at Costco.    Many of the choices are not available up here,    So that's why I posted the lonely Saltine.
  Wayne's showed you the cleanest towel as the Maiko tablecloth.     
For a more recent twist Mary jo is using red onion, some chopped fine and a garnish.
  The holder for the salmon dip here is a warm homemade cracker.    Mmmmmm.🎣

otownjoe

My favorites are the Carr's table crackers. Sesame seed for tuna , black pepper for dips. Pricey but good.

gstours

Thanks mr Joe,  I like the crunch of a better cracker,  a hard tak type can be good in a grain or sourdough type it think its Wasa that makes several.   I do try to stalk up when i get out of my town and try various types.    a sturdy cracker is needed on the boat on a cool day,,  n a thin one when the dip warms from sitting.   viscosity og a dip ia another topic possibly.    "a cracker should be scooped on a boat, at a party oar at home there is time for a spreader utinsel."    just saying.     gs. ;)

Brewcrafter

This whole thread makes me hungry.  And I have to endorse anyone that said Ritz, or Carrs.  But am I the outlier when I mention the rectangular goodness of a Club? - john

El Pescador

Gary,

IF... a  sturdier cracker is on your list, might I suggest you get your BUTT down to Baja Sur, Mexico for these tasty treats!!!

They are a bit drier and much sturdier than our saltine crackers here in the States.

BUTT these Baja special crackers will scoop up seafood from this lunch special I enjoyed in La Ventana - about 30 miles SE of La Paz, Baja Sur.

In fact, I think it is time you travel SOUTH with Dominick and me for a week of offshore fishing out of Los Cabos!!!!

Let's get a tan on those fish-belly white arms of YOURS!!!!!

FISH ON!!!!

Wayne

Dominick

Yo Jueno, fish belly white?   ;D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.