New guy migrating over

Started by Shellbelly, October 23, 2021, 03:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

Hey everybody!  I was encouraged to come on over where there are some Penn Heads who might appreciate reels on a larger scale and who would help me learn all the quirks and twists and turns that Penn made. 

I'm a surf fisherman.  I use bait on a hook, lots of lead, get slime all over my knife and I get wet, sandy, cold and tired.  I throw top dogs under birds and get mad at sharks that eat my trout off the stringer.  I cruise the East Matagorda Peninsula  which is my home turf and I collect Penn reels...build them if I have to and use the X09 level wind models all the time.  I'll post plenty of reels and questions here as long as y'all can put up with it.  Some may have seen my participation elsewhere on the web, but I believe this is where I can focus on the goals I have chosen.

It was Mr. Tani's post about the Sailfisher that started my adventure with Penn.  I'm now running out of house to put shelves in.  Nobody warned me about that.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Maxed Out

Welcome. We love our Penns and we also love to service and upgrade. You found the right place

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

Welcome Shellbelly from central Texas. You will like it here .
There are a Few Penn Heads here ....lol
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

sabaman1

JIM

oc1

Matgorda is a magical place.  You're a lucky guy.

Brewcrafter

Welcome from the SoCal Inland Empire!  Glad you are into Penns, but in my time here I have been exposed to reels and brands that I never knew existed. - john

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Welcome, and better start looking for another house with more shelving :)

John, NC

Donnyboat

Nice to have you with us, welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Welcome Shellbelly. You are in the right place. ;D
Life is Good!

handi2

Welcome to the best site in the world for reel heads..!

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

happyhooker

Greetings, Shellbelly, from Minnesota.

Frank

1badf350

Welcome aboard!
I invited Shellbelly to join after seeing his Penn related posts getting ghosted over on Orca. Not a lot of Penn guys over there.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Sharkb8

Welcome Shellbelly from south Australia

Kim