The List - SOA 3-day, July 1-4 - Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Porthos

Solid braid -> hollowcore connectors -> fresh mono top shots done for 25, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100 lb spinners...

Porthos

Quote from: pjstevko on June 25, 2022, 04:26:51 PMWill be allowed to catch mackerel for bait while tied up to the bait barge?

I always cast a 1.5oz metal swim jig while bait is being loaded...chance to break the skunk for the boat before even leaving harbor.

C&R'd a barracuda on last year's 8-day half way into the bait loading.

stoked4fishin

Hey Mark
You mentioned that you use a line counter for your jig fishing.  Can you share the brand and model?
Jeff

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Porthos

pjstevko

Looks like a lot of boats have switched over to targeting yt with the slow bft bite.... hopefully they start biting again later this week.....

jlezama

At the Fisherman's Landing Website
 "...
New Tackle recommendations
25 pound outfit for Yellowtail fishing
40 to 60 pound outfits to fish smaller Bluefin Tuna. Under 80 pounds
80 to 130 pound outfits for night time fishing and Sinker Rigs.
2/0 to 4/0 ringed hooks. No thin wire hooks
8 to 12oz Sinkers with rubberbands.
150 to 250 gram flatfall and knife jigs for day time fishing. Color doesn't matter right now. Change the stock hooks.
300 to 400 gram flatfall and knife jigs for night time fishing. Color doesn't matter right now. Change the stock hooks.
"

Bill B

Quote from: jlezama on June 27, 2022, 05:04:08 AMAt the Fisherman's Landing Website
 "...
New Tackle recommendations
25 pound outfit for Yellowtail fishing
150 to 250 gram flatfall and knife jigs for day time fishing. Color doesn't matter right now. Change the stock hooks.
300 to 400 gram flatfall and knife jigs for night time fishing. Color doesn't matter right now. Change the stock hooks.
"

Spot on in my book.  May add some 6 oz torpedo to the list.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Porthos

Quote from: jlezama on June 27, 2022, 05:04:08 AM...25 pound outfit for Yellowtail fishing
300 to 400 gram flatfall and knife jigs for night time fishing. Color doesn't matter right now. Change the stock hooks...

Covered...except for rubber bands...trip to Walmart.

MarkT

Wai, I have you covered for rubberbands... I have a 1/4# bag of size 32 rubberbands.

Porthos

Quote from: MarkT on June 27, 2022, 02:04:57 PMWai, I have you covered for rubberbands... I have a 1/4# bag of size 32 rubberbands.

You were able to get a slot on this trip?

MarkT

Quote from: Porthos on June 27, 2022, 02:26:19 PM
Quote from: MarkT on June 27, 2022, 02:04:57 PMWai, I have you covered for rubberbands... I have a 1/4# bag of size 32 rubberbands.

You were able to get a slot on this trip?
Yes, I'm taking Randy's slot.

alantani

Fishing has been horrible for the last 2 weeks.  Big Joe's trip had 3 fish for 24 guys. Don't know what boat or how many days. Joey, the kid, just sent me a text. His boat found a night bite and called the other boats in. Score one for the kid!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!