The List - SOA 3-day, July 1-4 - Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'm really hoping I can make it onto this trip as the majority of the multi-day trips out of SD are already sold out!

pjstevko

I'm 2nd on the wait-list and just how my chances are of making on this trip.... Alan how deep into the wait-list do these trips usually run?

I'm wondering if I should make a reservation on another 3 day just to ensure I can fish before Nov....

alantani

not sure.  i'm going to send out requests for checks really soon.  we'll see if anyone drops out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on March 02, 2022, 09:48:08 PM
not sure.  i'm going to send out requests for checks really soon.  we'll see if anyone drops out. 

Sounds good, just let me know

Glad you had a good PV trip. I'm gonna have to watch those videos to learn the right techniques

pjstevko

I'm so stoked to be included on this trip! I can't wait to meet everyone and have Alan critique my subpar tuna fishing skills!

alantani

Quote from: pjstevko on March 07, 2022, 03:52:13 AMI'm so stoked to be included on this trip! I can't wait to meet everyone and have Alan critique my subpar tuna fishing skills!

this was actually written as a tutorial.  you can see he difficulties when guys fish from their weak side.  go through and watch the videos and you will see what i'm talking about. these big fish at puerto vallarta are quite the experience.  let me know what you think!!!!!

David Hall

Quote from: alantani on March 07, 2022, 03:58:25 AM
Quote from: pjstevko on March 07, 2022, 03:52:13 AMI'm so stoked to be included on this trip! I can't wait to meet everyone and have Alan critique my subpar tuna fishing skills!

this was actually written as a tutorial.  you can see he difficulties when guys fish from their weak side.  go through and watch the videos and you will see what i'm talking about. these big fish at puerto vallarta are quite the experience.  let me know what you think!!!!!

I got firsthand experience with those big ole fish. once the line drops to 45 degrees the rod butt is under my right arm. leaning into the rod as the boat rises with the swell and cranking like crazy when the boat drops into the trough.  Rinse and repeat as needed.

Rocket Dog

Alan,
Has there been any discussion on engaging a processor yet for then return trip? Last year it was hectic to say the least and I almost had to split the catch in the parking lot if not for Sportsman sea food that hooked me up with no reservation.

pjstevko

Quote from: Rocket Dog on March 08, 2022, 02:46:57 AMAlan,
Has there been any discussion on engaging a processor yet for then return trip? Last year it was hectic to say the least and I almost had to split the catch in the parking lot if not for Sportsman sea food that hooked me up with no reservation.
I was wondering about this too. Alan who do you usually use?

I usually use 5 Star and get same day service but I also make my reservation the day I book my trip.

Bill B

Last couple trips we have been using Fisherman's Processing.  Alan had made boat reservations in advance.  Warren Hamachi used Mario's on the 8 day, but I don't know what his outcome was.  We were able to load the cars, eat breakfast across the street from FP and had about an hour wait until I was on my way home.  FP was very organized and had plenty of manpower to sort and load the fish. And they provide free ice.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

I'll make arrangements through Fisherman's Processing again.  Obviously,  you can go with anyone else you want.

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on March 09, 2022, 09:48:59 PMI'll make arrangements through Fisherman's Processing again.  Obviously,  you can go with anyone else you want.

As long as it's same day service I'll use whoever the boss uses!

jnd1959

Wife and I just decided we are retiring to Arizona.  This makes fishing the pacific a better option than the gulf.  I would ask to be added to the list just so my name gets in there.  I understand this is very late but I need to get started on learning the pacific and the routine.  If the list is closed no big deal.  I'm just going through the motions until next year.

James Danford

alantani

James, thank you.  I added you to the waiting list. As you can see, it's a pretty set group.  Except for the July Cedros trip, we should be filled. It's hard to break into the group because priority is given to previous attendees.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks!!! Alan

jnd1959

Appreciate it and I understand.  It is pretty much the same with 60 hour trips in the gulf.  I figure I will move up eventually.  I probably need to rethink some of my gear and terminal tackle anyway.

Thanks.