The List - SOA 3-day, July 1-4 - Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Re-rigged Charkbait 7oz (~200g) Metal Swimmers:

150+ kg swivel -> 220lb split ring -> 9/0 Eagle Claw L2004 -> 100lb braid bridle -> 7oz Metal Swimmer

The silver finish 220lb split rings and white bridles will get a black Sharpie go-over. Looking to pick up heavier split rings and swivels at the Squidco Pre-Father's Day sale for the heavier knife jigs (not pictured).

pjstevko

Watching the other thread for the trip leaving tomorrow has got me motivated to get my sh!t together..

Today I took some time to make  300# jig leaders, organize my terminal tackle and darken the markings on my spectra on my 60, 80 and 100# rings!

MarkT

and between now and trip time you'll do it at least 3 more times!  Anticipation isn't just an old Carly Simon song!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rocket Dog

I'm so ready to go! My gear note so much. I'm putting together leaders and doing some last minute things. I have enough jigs..... I hope. 

pjstevko

If someone is willing I'll need a hand setting my drags with a scale once we're waiting in line or onboard....

jlezama

Quote from: pjstevko on June 19, 2022, 08:12:47 PMIf someone is willing I'll need a hand setting my drags with a scale once we're waiting in line or onboard....
Quote from: pjstevko on June 19, 2022, 08:12:47 PMIf someone is willing I'll need a hand setting my drags with a scale once we're waiting in line or onboard....
[/i]
I will help you with that PJ, got me a fancy 20 buck drag scale from amazon  ;D

MarkT

There were a bunch of scales and plenty of guys willing to help set the drag on the June trip.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

[/i]
I will help you with that PJ, got me a fancy 20 buck drag scale from amazon  ;D
[/quote]

I have a scale but I don't know how to use it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

pjstevko

Keta

We had a $25 per day surcharge, not bad considering the price of fuel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pjstevko

Thanks for the info Lee. I guess I'll be bringing a bit more cash with me

Bill B

Between the fuel and Mexican license it was $105.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone needs anything for this trip? Anyone need jig leaders?

pjstevko

I'm rigging up as follows

25/30# bait
40# bait
60# sinker rig
80# daytime jig, live mackerel, heavy sinker
100# nighttime jigs
Spinner 50# snipers, 80# poppers

David Hall

Im bringing a 50#, 100# and a 130# and 40 pounds of iron.  :d