Which Penn model hits your weak spot?

Started by Shellbelly, November 11, 2021, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

What I mean is, which model will you buy even though you already have a bunch of them?

From a practical aspect, I buy 60's, 49's, 149's because they're prolific donors.

For unexplainable reasons, Sailfishers and 249's are stacking up followed by 9/0's. 

Since I recently moved and had to "handle" my collection, I noticed this trend and wondered if it's just me or what.

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

I am with Tommy —

Spinfishers in green or the black Z's.  

Particularly 716, 714, 712.

For conventionals — the Squidders in the various widths.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

WHICH ONE DO I NOT, is an easier question....the 249 (no interest) and the 350 (have four, unless it's cheap as dirt and they have good donor parts). Everything else is fair game, older than about 2012.

Edit: green Peers, Magpower, Sailfisher, Mag 10, Levelmatics. But then there are several dozen Jiggy's, Senators, Spinfishers, LB's. So crap....back to original answer. My brace of 49A's from Teddy is marquee, tho.

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

Is that OC yours?  Go back and look at the picture.  You'll see something wrong.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Dominick on November 11, 2021, 11:41:43 PM
Is that OC yours?  Go back and look at the picture.  You'll see something wrong.  Dominick

I have all mine rigged like that .
Place to put my used Chewing Gum .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

bill19804

9500ss  with  auxiliary  underspool  drag

Gfish

The Long Beach reels. The internals seem to be in great shape in every one I've had/have.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Maxed Out

My favorite "user" Penn is a USA made 113h, and jigmaster.

As far as shelfie Penns, the early 9/0, and long beach. Also those well chromed Penns from the Harley Earl era
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Sharkb8

The 4/0 and 9/0 and or any other senator

Kim

milne

Oh Boy...
I have to admit, it's the 113h, in all it's glory.
It's the first Penn reel I owned, bought it with my brother. It's still stock and still goes out with me on the boat, not used to much, but it's there

Then, any Penn pre 1945...

Col

nelz

Quote from: Gfish on November 12, 2021, 12:40:39 AMThe Long Beach reels. The internals seem to be in great shape in every one I've had/have.

All you Long Beach lovers would go nuts at the swap meet in my area, they're all over the place at dirt cheap prices.

For me, I guess a 716 would be hard to pass up, if I ever find one at a bargain price that is.