San Evaristo, Baja Sea Salt Give-a-Way

Started by El Pescador, November 26, 2021, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Lifetime long buddy, Jerry, and I just returned from our Wild & Remote III Fishing trip to celebrate our 65th Birthdays and look what I picked up on our trip!

San Evarito Sea Salt!!!!

San Evaristo is 80 miles north of La Paz, on the Sea of Cortez, BUTT it takes 4 hours of driving to get there.

And finally here is San Evaristo!

Just north of San Evaristo, each May they flood the area with seawater, and during the summer let the HOT Mexican sun do its job to evaporate the water, leaving just sea salt behind.

I brought back 6 lbs. of the sea salt, packaged it into 3 oz. plastic bags - and will make it available to the first 22 of you who provide me with your mailing address.  PM your address to me, please.

So far, current sea salt beneficiaries are:   Dominick, MO, Thorhammer (it's in the mail buddy!), Teddy the custom reel parts guy, Gil my neighbor, Our own Gary the BUTT MAN (it too is in the mail to you!), Jim the HUGE Tomato grower, and a few others.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

thorhammer

Keta

Nice, it is a place I have wanted to visit for years.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

El Pescador

Lee,

you know what they say!!!   Put it on your calendar and get going!!!

We passed ONE Truck on our way in, California plates, looks like he would launch from any beach on the way to La Paz.

A very nice mobile setup for sure.

I need to post our Wild & Remote trip, EPIC for sure.

Wayne

Hardy Boy

Lets see some fish pictures !! You had to do more than just buy some salt.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

pjstevko

Ohh I'll take some if there's any left! Just bring it with you in a few weeks....

Happy belated birthday 🎉

El Pescador

PJ!,

You are on the list, and YES, I'll bring it to our Morro Bay trip.

Wayne

Jim Fujitani

The old salt 'harvesting' way that Leslie did in SF Bay decades ago!

El Pescador

Thanks, Everyone for playing along!

Salt packets have been mailed this morning.

Todd, for you in the COVID-restricted far north nation of Canada, your mailing will take 2-3 weeks.   

Just be patient!!! ;D

Wayne

Benni3

You got to take life with a grain of salt,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Swami805

So how was crossing the border with a 6 pound bag of white powdery substance?  That could have been an interesting conversation!
What a cool place, thanks for taking us along. Love Baja, need to go again sometime.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Lol, that's funny Sheridan.

Wayne, thank you for doing all that to send ME the gourmet salt !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

Quote from: Swami805 on November 30, 2021, 02:08:35 AM
So how was crossing the border with a 6 pound bag of white powdery substance?  That could have been an interesting conversation!
What a cool place, thanks for taking us along. Love Baja, need to go again sometime.

Sheridan! 

BELIEVE ME... THAT was on my mind, but it is legal to travel across the Mexican border with an inert mineral substance -  like SALT!

I am very glad I decided to bring back the San Evaristo, Baja Salt, the response to send some out was immediate.  Wompus sent me a PM 22 seconds after I posted the offer.

and by 5 PM that night, all the salt bags had a name on them. 

Having a dickens of a time, trying to get all 250 photos of that trip off my iPhone - BUTT I keep trying.

A San Evaristo fishing trip post will make it here on this site sooner, maybe later!!

Like I told Lee, put a trip to Baja on your calendar and get there, in my life, nothing happens if it NOT on our calendar.

Wayne

thorhammer

El Pescador

John!

Thank ME???   Thank the US Postal Service!!!

Now, use the salt on the fish you catch with the lures I sent to you!!!!

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=34234.msg403814#msg403814

Wayne