I caught a fish once

Started by jurelometer, December 16, 2021, 01:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jurelometer

This is a test to see if I can delete my own thread.
Nope.  But I can modify the text and title.
-J

Midway Tommy

I've deleted many posts and then revised them but I've never been able to delete a thread, even if mine was the only post.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Hardy Boy

I was beginning to believe you never ever went fishing !!! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

jurelometer

Quote from: Hardy Boy on December 16, 2021, 04:16:31 PM
I was beginning to believe you never ever went fishing !!! ;D

Cheers:

Todd

It has been awhile.  Do posts here telling other people how to fish count?   Asking for a friend....

-J

Brewcrafter

That is a sweet Rooster!!!!!  I bet it was caught on a Jurelometer fly?  I have never seen one in "reel life" but only have had the opportunity once. - john

jurelometer

Quote from: Brewcrafter on December 17, 2021, 06:24:41 AM
That is a sweet Rooster!!!!!  I bet it was caught on a Jurelometer fly?  I have never seen one in "reel life" but only have had the opportunity once. - john

The roosters don't pull any better than a jack crevalle, but they are better looking.  It sure can be a pain in the @ss to get the big ones to eat a fly.  The smaller ones will chew on anything.  Once when fishing was slow, I threw a hookless billfish popper at some one pounders.  They were all over it.

-J

Dominick

I caught one of those...Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

If Pez Gallo fight no better than a Jack Crevalle then they must be hard fighters! Those Jacks may not be edible but they're strong fighters!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

jurelometer

Quote from: Dominick on December 17, 2021, 11:57:38 PM
I caught one of those...Dominick

Nice one Domnick!  Here's another biggun:

Quote from: MarkT on December 18, 2021, 12:33:06 AM
If Pez Gallo fight no better than a Jack Crevalle then they must be hard fighters! Those Jacks may not be edible but they're strong fighters!
Up to about 20 lbs, they pull the same, but a big rooster just shifts to low gear and goes into tractor-pull mode.  The Jack Crevalle  will run still around a bit when they get big.

-J

Benni3

I seen a rooster smim bye me once,,,, ;) now looking back at it I would have liked gotten him on the 706,,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

I had a Jack swim in a circle around the boat and I could not turn his head.  I think jacks have more staying power then roosters.  They both give you a run for your money.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

In South Florida we call Jack Crevalles "Canal Tunas". They put up a good fight pound for pound. If you live in a waterfront home you can catch them in your back yard.

steelhead_killer

Several awesome Roosters!

Dominick that is a beast!  Not to take anything away from these others!
><)))">

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: conchydong on December 18, 2021, 10:51:30 PM
In South Florida we call Jack Crevalles "Canal Tunas". They put up a good fight pound for pound. If you live in a waterfront home you can catch them in your back yard.

They put up a great fight just wish they were table fare.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Dominick

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on December 19, 2021, 02:21:40 AM
Quote from: conchydong on December 18, 2021, 10:51:30 PM

They put up a great fight just wish they were table fare.

Ricardo Aripez, my Capitano in Los Cabos told me he has a friend that knows how to cook jacks.  I will try to find out the secret.  Dominick