New figure of speech

Started by JasonGotaProblem, December 28, 2021, 03:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

"Like taking back a circle hook from a snapping turtle"

He was a real S.O.B., not his fault, I get it. Still not fun. Thankfully I kept all my fingers.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Ron Jones

Glad you got your hook back.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

philaroman

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on December 28, 2021, 03:49:38 AM
He was a real S.O.B., not his fault, I get it. Still not fun. Thankfully I kept all my fingers.

give 'em a nice, hot, beef-broth bath w/ a couple shots of sherry & they simmer down

Wompus Cat

Ya got a Soft Shell Turtle . A Cajun would Fight you for it . Good Eatin
Snappers look like this and can  take off a finger .

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

happyhooker

Snappers are amazing animals.  If you haven't run across one while fishing (freshwater), you will sooner or later.  And, yes, watch your hands. Those babies are lightening quick despite their bulky look.

Frank

Midway Tommy

My wife caught a big one (snapper), her first ever, (shell about 12" wide x 18" long) off our dock on her UL this last summer. Creeped the heck out of her! Its neck & head stretched out about 9 or 10 inches.Luckily for her, and especially me, the hook (jig) came loose when she gave it some slack. The kids were pretty hesitant about going swimming for a month or so after that.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Them cajun's like to go after the dangerous critters.
Ever get a bird hooked?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

???  Man they are easy , now if you snagged a 4 foot plus lizard and got your hook back  !!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

philaroman

not the common snapper, but the bigger Aligator Snapping Turtle
could teach us all a thing or two about patience & finesse w/ "homemade" lures: