Rainshadow RCJB90XH Green & white & Red

Started by steelfish, December 30, 2021, 08:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

one of the latest custom rods from the 2021
a 7.6ft  40-80lb rainshadow blank with ALPS XHN guides, fuji HD reelseat and custom grips, yep, another one with Mexican colors, this one is kind of special one, the customer just contacted me by Fbook, told me by message what he wanted, sent me the money and few weeks later I sent him the fishing rod, he liked it that much that ordered another one, same of everything, he wanted an identical rod, by the time he received it and told me he wanted another one, he was 5th in line, so this time he will have to wait at least 2-3 months, I do this in my free time.  ;D

I dont do this for a living but its starting to get bigger than just a "hobby".
The Baja Guy

RowdyW

Alex, quality work always brings work. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can get.       Rudy

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

54bullseye

Very nice neat work !!  Well done !    John Taylor

oldmanjoe

Another clean looking  stick .    I like the added touch at the tiptop ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Swami805

Very nice clean rod Alex, crisp lines, looking good!!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Midway Tommy

Alex, that is top quality and beautiful!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Brewcrafter

Beautiful rod!  i can understand someone wanting a matched set of customs that look like that! - john

MarkT

Looking good amigo! How come you reversed the colors at the tip? The tip also looks flat... did it not have the final coat at the time?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Cor

If I made such nice rods I may well  "do it for a living and let it get bigger than just a "hobby".

Very nice work Alex!
Cornelis

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on December 31, 2021, 04:21:15 AM
Looking good amigo! How come you reversed the colors at the tip?
its an optical illusion amigo, pretty sure its your monitor working wrong ;D

naa, I havent noticed until you mentioned it LOL if not I would have taken it down and wrapped it again, they were reversed by mistake  :P :-[, first I wanted to do a kind of three colors band over the white underwrap but didnt liked it, so, just made the cosmetic wrap as seen in the picture but looks like I took the 1st thread color wrong, thats the bad thing about working at 2am on rods after a long day at the office  ::)

Quote from: MarkT on December 31, 2021, 04:21:15 AM
,,,,The tip also looks flat... did it not have the final coat at the time?

hmm I dont know, that its a real optical illusion this time LOL, I also didnt wanted a bulky epoxy at the tip, compared to the guide wraps the tip maybe is missing the bulky made by the guide foot, any way, thanks for the comments Mark they always help to improve.

@ to the res of Ohana, thanks for the comments amigos, this rodwrapping thing is getting more interesting and entertained on each rod, Im thinking on dropping the "Reel repair part" but my friends and local captains that gave me their confidence to work on their reels at the beginning dont let me drop it.
The Baja Guy

gstours

Alex I,m fairly confident that you used the same thread 🧵s for the top guide as used on the rest.
   Butt in the picture you posted the top guide wraps to me seem paler, less bright and. Colorful.
Pictures of rods usually don't do justice generally,   Butt your pictures are very good.
  Your rod building has improved to the place where you can call your self a professional ✅.  😺
Keep up the good work,   

RowdyW

Alex, maybe you could try teaching & employing a couple of young locals that are interested in reel repair & looking for a little work. Then you can just sit at the cash register $$   :D :D