Mercruiser electric pumps

Started by Donnyboat, December 31, 2021, 12:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks Pete & Joe, I have managed to get the rubber gasket, that fits under the top cap, the other rubber gasket that fits under the first pump module, is the one Mercruiser are telling us the dont supply seperatly, so they xpect you to buy a new pump, as Joe said, I could possibly use an O ring in place of Part Number 12, very poor back up by Mercruiser, one of the agents over here wants 1700 bucks for a new pump, but would not be able to get it for 4 months, & it would possibly cost another 100 buck postage. part number 7 is like a flat rubber that fits over the out let pipe, & part Number 8 is only an O ring, that should not be able to get over here, through an auto shop, thanks cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

PeteRocck

Current Reel inventory
2-505hs, 2-49, 1-500, 3-battle2 4000's
1-320GT2, 1-5500ss, 1- Daiwa Emcast, 1-15TLD

Donnyboat

That sounds good Pete, I will send you a personal message via the forum here, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

I have been dealing with peterocck, he it looking for parts for me, over there & has part number 12 available for me, thats the part they have been telling me is not available with out buying the full electric pump, thanks for all your trouble Pete, also i must admit that oldmanjoe & billy Wompas have also helped me a lot, Pete your true OHANA Man, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

If this group can't solve a problem then quite possibly the problem doesn't really exist 😉. The depth of knowledge here is astounding.  We have Science Fanboys, Old School Mechanics, Lightning Experts, Marine Science Biologists, Pharmacists,  Unauthorized Factory Repairmen, Authors, PhD's, Marine Mechanics, Computer Science, Gunsmiths, the list goes on and I apologize for not listing you if I missed your calling.  Everyone has experiences and specialties and contributes in their own way.  This makes up the Ohana!  A Better Bunch of Guys and Gals you will never meet.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Donnyboat

Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Sorry I made a mistake calling Peterocck, a true OHANA, he contacted me saying he has posted the part, I was after, he said he did not send it with a tracking number as they wanted an xstra US$ 60:00 to post it with a tracking number, I dont think the USA want to deal with us Aussie down under, they must think we too downnn underrrr.
      Well I contacted Peterocck, & asked him what I owe him for the parts & postage, he said dont worry about it its on him, so he is double OHANA, but I am still working on him, so I can pay.
      Pete thanks for your generousity, but concidering that I could not get part 12, without buying a complete new pump, I think it is only fair that, you xsept some payment, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

???  That is crazy money for a envelope being sent . 
Good job Pete
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Cor

Hi Don, I've just been reading this thread again from front to back.   Its just marvellous the amount of input you've been receiving from guys on this site.
I've never undertaken serious work on a motor like that but nothing on cars, trucks motorbikes ever stood in my way and that was only with the help of experience and workshop manuals.

I know the feeling of not being able to obtain parts, I also live in the stick.

I hope this job is providing you with satisfaction and more of that when you start her up for the first time!

In the second post I said "Good luck with locating the problem, may take till next year! Grin"   we are in next year but that is the way with those jobs if you do them properly and no deterrent I am sure.

Best whishes!
Cornelis

Donnyboat

Thanks Cor, yes these bloke bent over backwards to help me  it was very kind of Pete to find the parts  post them to me, @ know cost what so ever, but dont worry I will even up with him overtime, I have paid a few things forward on this forum, but all in all, I am still on the winning end of things, great nice people on this forum ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Wellcould you believe it Pete`s mail with the gaskets have arrived, with out the tracking number, I cant believe it got here so quick, I have a parcel posted from Sydney, Australia, two weeks before, & it is still not here.
      I sent Pete an email asking him to give me the price of the parts & Mail, & the igrant devil never even replied, I see by the mail stamp 2:60 US $, that would be about AU$ 4:00, generally when we post anything that size in Australia, it would cost us AU$12:00.
      Anyway a special plug for Pete, if anyone needs a good reliable, job done or parts, I see Pete has a foot note here & on it is-JASPER ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS- WWW.jasperengines.com, by the way by the postage envellope, he lives in SHELTON, CT, if that helps anyone to contact him. ever so greatful Pete.
    And a special thanks from all the others that have given me good advice on this engine, cheers Don. 
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Donnyboat on March 10, 2022, 12:28:00 PMWellcould you believe it Pete`s mail with the gaskets have arrived, with out the tracking number, I cant believe it got here so quick, I have a parcel posted from Sydney, Australia, two weeks before, & it is still not here.
      I sent Pete an email asking him to give me the price of the parts & Mail, & the igrant devil never even replied, I see by the mail stamp 2:60 US $, that would be about AU$ 4:00, generally when we post anything that size in Australia, it would cost us AU$12:00.
      Anyway a special plug for Pete, if anyone needs a good reliable, job done or parts, I see Pete has a foot note here & on it is-JASPER ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS- WWW.jasperengines.com, by the way by the postage envellope, he lives in SHELTON, CT, if that helps anyone to contact him. ever so greatful Pete.
    And a special thanks from all the others that have given me good advice on this engine, cheers Don. 

Don what you experienced here is that there OHANA stuff so prevalent on this site !
And all I can say about Jasper Engines is that they are the Finest  Quality in the WORLD and the machinist have to be of German Descent ! I have used them quite a bit in the past  for stuff I did not do myself . Never a Problem .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

Glad you received the parts .   Now we can wait for the rest of the rebuild unfold .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Thanks Henry Billy Wompus, Petes buisness is worth a good honest plug Like that.
     Yes good Joe I will try to keep you all posted, possibly mid next week before I can do much, as my wife is having very bad back troubles, I have to take her to another surgeon on Monday, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat