OBD2 Scanners

Started by jgp12000, January 24, 2022, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

looks like my old OBD2 scanner bit the dust, our 2003 Mazda Tribute has thrown a code, my scanner wont connect on other vehicles as well. I cleaned the connector still no go. I have seen the new ones that connect to smart phones, but am more of a HF guy since I rarely need one my old HF scanner has lasted for years. Any suggestions ? I know all the parts stores will scan, but I like to be able to do it at home.

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

jgp12000

Wompus Cat

Well I thought you didn't want one that you needed additional software installed  or with an app and the one you linkek to does NOT have a digital Display .
Good Luck to you.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Gobi King

$10 you can get  a bluetooth scanner off amazon/ebay

then get the pro scanner app for a dollar for your phone and scan away.

Nice thing is that you can monitor trans temps and other stuff NOT on your dash with it.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Gfish

One's that give you real-time read-outs on component performance as you drive are nice, but you gotta have either a long cord or good place near the connector where it will stay put.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

DougK

I had several of the bluetooth ones, but they were erratic - the bluetooth pairing never worked reliably and each one would work only on some cars.
The Harbor Freight ZURICH ZR4s has been reliable for a couple of years now. This allows reset of the codes too.

jgp12000

Yep I decided to get a hardwired one as well, no more than I use one, I can be done before BT connects.