Vintage roller tip guide identification

Started by seavandal, January 28, 2022, 04:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seavandal

I am new to to this site and haven't really posted anything yet. Here goes a first post! I purchased a couple of Nep-tuna cradles off Craigslist (that story will be for another longer post!) and have custom made a rod for the cradle (another story for another post). I live in Glendale CA so, my fairly local tackle store is Johnny's Sport Shop in Pasadena. I needed an old roller guide for the rod (like an Allan style roller) and went to see if Johnny's had the part. They did! They also had a very interesting roller tip that I just had to buy. I looked on the internet to see if I could find out what it was. No luck! I wish I could post a picture of it but this site says the upload folder is full. On one side it says "Good" "Pat. Pend" "Los Angeles". On the other, "16" "Stainless". It looks very much like the Aftco Swivel tip. Glad to be finally posting. Thanks to all for some really great reads throughout this site! Chris

54bullseye

Quote from: seavandal on January 28, 2022, 04:09:16 AM
I am new to to this site and haven't really posted anything yet. Here goes a first post! I purchased a couple of Nep-tuna cradles off Craigslist (that story will be for another longer post!) and have custom made a rod for the cradle (another story for another post). I live in Glendale CA so, my fairly local tackle store is Johnny's Sport Shop in Pasadena. I needed an old roller guide for the rod (like an Allan style roller) and went to see if Johnny's had the part. They did! They also had a very interesting roller tip that I just had to buy. I looked on the internet to see if I could find out what it was. No luck! I wish I could post a picture of it but this site says the upload folder is full. On one side it says "Good" "Pat. Pend" "Los Angeles". On the other, "16" "Stainless". It looks very much like the Aftco Swivel tip. Glad to be finally posting. Thanks to all for some really great reads throughout this site! Chris

I have a deep drop tip that says GOOD La Calif like yours and have seen others. Mine is big # 32. They are cool old guides !! 
John Taylor

seavandal

Hey John. They are cool roller tips. This one looks very vintage. Is "Good" the name of the company? I wonder what the other roller guides look like. Chris

54bullseye

Chris I can't help you for the size you want but here are a couple of "GOOD" roller tops they are the deep drop style. I am sure they probably made others. And yes Los Angles Calif.    John Taylor

seavandal

Excellent info and pictures guys! Thanks for that. I'll try to post a couple of pictures of my "Good" guide. Chris