Sabre 870 a rod with sentimental value

Started by steelfish, February 05, 2022, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

its always nice to work on a rod with sentimental value of any kind, something that you would like to have it for long time on a shelf in good shape or something that you want to have it restored to keep it in action.

this is one of the joys that rod building had brought to me and I didnt knew or even imagine that working on someone else rod will make me feel good, to tell the true this is not the 1st time with that good feeling after delivering a rod to the owner but this is the more recent that just happened few days ago.

I dont have much of the context or story of the rod but the reaction of the owner or "new owner" of the rod when I gave him the rod restored put a smile on my face and kind of broke my heart but in a good way, maybe the correct way to say it is "melt my heart".

the rod was from his son who died years ago and it was given to me to restore it and customized with mexican colors, the customer is a retired US citizen now living in this part of Baja, Mx.

I will post just few pics of "before" and "after" of the rod and also a post my amigo put on his FB account.

The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

I love it. Been missing seeing your work.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

thanks Jason, I will post a knife jigging rod I just finished in few days
The Baja Guy

Swami805

That came out nice Alex, bring that warrior back to life.  I'm sure it will kill some more fish now
Sabre did make those in white glass for a short time
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Nice!
Good to have your(my) heart melted occasionally. Get's easier as I age.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

Nice work as always. Great story also.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !