Halibutts with a hundred dollar reel.

Started by gstours, February 10, 2022, 04:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a little footage of a while back ,  fishing for halibut on my old boat.   We were anchored on a slope in 150 feet of tidewater and found some fish to bite a homade jig.  I was testing a cheap china 2 speed jigging reel chucked onto a Penn Rampage MH jig rod in the picture.   Both did the job so I cant complain really.     The e-glass rod seemed well made and i kinda like it for the money. 
  The china reel did shifting well and gears seemed good, butt the lever drag was not smooth in comparison to more expencive reels.   Butt it paid for itself right here with a single fish.   Amaturish vidio,  I know.     Its some fishing in the northwest.     Have a laugh on me. ;D

Wompus Cat

Again , GREAT VIDEO .

I found myself leaning over my keyboard straining and grunting with each Rod Bending motion and noticed my left thumb moving back and forth as IF I was actually moving the line to help .
Need to load one of these in one of them Virtual Head Rack things they put on you head .
Not to mention the PROFESSIONAL TEAM ROPING SKILLS there too!
Got to take a nap now and get my heart rate slowed back down . ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Nice Gary, you two have done it many times before, good team ay, thanks for taking us along, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

wow, that harpoon head really hung up.  Nice work Gary.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.