Tire Gauges

Started by jgp12000, March 18, 2022, 11:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I am looking for an accurate tire gauge that can go up to 90 psi for trailer/tractor tires. I have 3 manual gauges now. Only one of which matches my F150 sensors to the T.I got a new slime brand plastic head doesn't even come close to being accurate I tossed it in file 13,brand new. I have had one electronic one that bit the dust, but it was a pain to switch through to get to psi, I go by psi, why isn't the 1st selection psi, not the last, press one for English...

cranker789

I have a few tire gauges as well. I like the slime one with the big face but that only goes up to 60 psi. I believe they have a high pressure version though. The digital ones are usually pretty accurate in my experience. I'm also a believer in you generally get what you pay for.

foakes

After using a bunch of mechanical gauges, and dial gauges —-

This digital one by Jaco works the best for me.  Travel trailer, truck, utility trailer, boat, wood splitter, kayak trailer, wife's car, wheelbarrow.

Also just picked up a Smitty-Built 12V compressor for the truck and trailer —- and it has a round dial gauge built in that is very accurate.

Don't need to spend a ton —- but a large number of positive reviews are always helpful to me.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I aways focus on the negative reviews. To me, those are the biggest tellers, but it's amazing how many stupid people there are out there.  ::) SMH!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Maxed Out

Digital ones work, but are much more prone to failure.

I have the "slime" guage and it goes up to 160# and built like a tank. The short flexible hose makes getting in tight places a breeze. Very affordable as well. I think I got mine at Wally world
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Since we are on tire pressure gauges, does anyone know how to calibrate a tire pressure gauge?  I mean how do you know it is accurate.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

Good question. First it's godda be adjustable, which I have yet to see(doesn't mean they don't exist), then you godda have a knowen-accurately-calibrated one to test it against.
I use one like Ted described and it agrees with my expensive "pocket-pen-style" one, but what if they's both off?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ourford

I have been impressed with this inexpensive gauge.{or just got a good one} I bought it because my previous gauge started at 10 psi and I needed one for the balloon tires on my beach cart that only take 4 psi. As it turns out, it matches my cars sensors perfectly. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-in-Digital-Tire-with-Gauge-AAA0138J/302047025
Vic

Gfish

Looks just like the "Slime" one I had(different colors of course).Good gage. 2 expensive batteries that lasted several years. Replace once, then good for another several years.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Got an old Precision AccuGage, made in USA, dial gauge; goes up to 100 lbs., I think; only thing I don't like is that when you remove the gauge from the valve stem, the reading goes back to -0-.  Metal body.  Also got a Steelcore digital, made in China; it was free at my local farm supply store; reads up to 120 lbs, I believe.  Takes FIVE button batteries (kind of a pain).  I took the first one back because I could not get it to read out; with the replacement, I figured out you have to hold the gauge on the stem for a couple seconds before the readout comes on.  I need a gauge that reads to at least 100 lbs. for my bicycle tires.

As far as accuracy, I test each gauge, along with a pencil gauge, on the same tire (couple diff. tires) and they all read out the same, so I figure that is good enough.

Frank

jgp12000

I just got a JACO that's analog because I have had electronic ones & don't wanna mess with batteries or any parameter switching, just PSI that's what's on all my tires...Anywho, my big tractor front tires state 90PSI cold.
I can only get 45PSI in them and they look plenty full, I don't think they have water in them, the rear tires had water in them when I bought the tractor, I don't get it, they won't take but 45 PSI.I haven't checked the JACO
against my F150 tire sensors yet, will update when I do that.

quabbin boy 62

not sure what 24.5" tires go for now, been retired a couple years, but..... i'd just buy one of these gauges. they're a little expensive, but they last a long time (this one reads to 150 psi) that's usually what the tire guy  has on the truck and in the shop.IMG_1082.JPG   

Porthos

Wha...wha...wha...what???!!! When did this practice start with mount tires on fishing reels that now need routine pressure checking??? What have I been missing out on???

Jimmer

JGP x 2 on the JACO analog.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

handi2

I got my tire gauge from Sportaid where I get my wheelchair tires.

My super easy rolling wheelchair tires require 120 psi

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL