newell screws

Started by farmer56, March 24, 2022, 02:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer56 here ..  i just buggerd up the treads on a newell G 338 F side plate screw . i have a 5-40 tap so the hole threads are good .. replaced the screw with a penn screw , but the oval  "tapered" head is physically smaller than the newell .. where can you find a direct replacement ??thanks again dennis

Rancanfish

I'm not sure Dennis, but   i would ck. ebay first.  I can go out to the shop and see if I have one stashed in my limited Newell stuff.  What reel is it for?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

steelhead_killer

Give me the length and I will send you one...Ohana!

Andy
><)))">

Cortez_Conversions

Tenderloin is a member here and has an Ebay store. I'm sure he has replacements for you. I think he may be on vacation though, Belize, I think.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

farmer56

steelhead  i measured the penn screw at top of screw head to tip of last thread it was .780 too long ...  i think .650 to .700 would work great if you have one ...  thanks P M if you have one ...  ex-farmer dennis

Newell Nut

You probably messed up the first screw by it rubbing against the inner ring hole. Open the inner ring hole a little with a mini round file before installing your new screw. Plenty of screws available new on ebay.

Dwight

farmer56

Big . Big  thanks to steelhead for newell screws ...  farmer56 just got back and they were in the mail ...  really like the socket head screws ,just like every thing else on this site i wish they didn't exist, NOW i will have to convert other reel to that upgrade .... all kidding aside we have a good group here ... dennis out