Pier Fishing Flagler Beach

Started by jgp12000, March 26, 2022, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

Years ago I was at the Flagler Beach pier eating seafood , after we ate we walked to the end of the pier and these
3 guys were fishing as a team it appeared one would cast out a bait and another would cast out catch his line and drag it to a certain "honey hole" I suppose. They were so busy and working in unison, I wasn't about to stop and ask about this technique.  I didn't see any kites involved, but with all their efforts I figured there must be a great reward at the end of the line? Has anyone else done or seen this?

1badf350

I think you're referring to a pin rig. One line is an anchor. The other is the fighting line clipped to the anchor line. It releases on a strike.
Common technique for fishing live bait on the surface from a pier
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

jgp12000

Thanks for the info F350, by the way my 2016 XLT Supercrew engine (2.7 Ecoboost) timing gear components fell apart at 58k-warranty repair.2 weeks later I was getting an intermittent low oil pressure warning. It would return to normal after 30 seconds or after a restart. ran great always, anywho, it took the local Ford shop 6 months to work me in? I assumed something electrical a simple sending unit maybe? They called the next day & said I needed a new engine, luckily still under warranty or would have been $9k.I like the 2.7 power and mpg, but after this ordeal kinda wish I got another V8.I guess with a F350 no worries for you...
I have only owned Ford trucks it's all I know.