Yet another Rainshadow knife jiggin rod 508-600 Mexican flag color theme

Started by steelfish, April 01, 2022, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

this is the 1st ever custom rod for my friend, I gave him a heck of a price because he had invited me a lot of times on his boat, he just paid for the parts.
he liked the jigging rod I made few months ago and he wanted the same blank and guides, but with Mexico's flag colors on the guides and on the grips if possible, it was hard to find the green hypalon grip but I made it possible, so, he was happy as a 5yo with a new toy.

seems that some guys liked that blank action because Im now building another rod with the same blank for a different person.
The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Looking good as always. I love the Mex flag colours.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

RowdyW

Alex, you are building your own following of a Mexican Army of Fishermen. Next they will have to have uniforms or at least matching T shirts on fishing trips together. I love the way you experiment with novel colors and combinations. keep it going!  :d  :d    Rudy            EDIT: Change Army to NAVY!

steelfish

Quote from: RowdyW on April 01, 2022, 08:28:59 PMAlex, you are building your own following of a Mexican Army of Fishermen.

::)  ::)  ;D

my younger daughter which is 12yo told me when I was wrapping this rod. Whhaaaaat?  another one  :fish  with Mexican colors?

funny thing is 2/3 of them have been made for US citizen guys, right now Im waiting for the funds from a new customer to build hima livebait rod wrapped with... yep, mexican colors again, he will give it away as a gift to his long time panga Captain here in Baja.

The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Oh man that's terrible I hate it.  ;D

Did I say that with a straight face?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

RowdyW

oldmanjoe

Quote from: steelfish on April 01, 2022, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: RowdyW on April 01, 2022, 08:28:59 PMAlex, you are building your own following of a Mexican Army of Fishermen.

::)  ::)  ;D

my younger daughter which is 12yo told me when I was wrapping this rod. Whhaaaaat?  another one  :fish  with Mexican colors?

funny thing is 2/3 of them have been made for US citizen guys, right now Im waiting for the funds from a new customer to build hima livebait rod wrapped with... yep, mexican colors again, he will give it away as a gift to his long time panga Captain here in Baja.

;D Well the Mexican flag and the Italian flag are almost the same .    Now if you weave the coat of arms in the white band ,i will know you are Mexican ...     :al You do excellence work !!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

steelfish

I have a guy that liked what I have done with the mexican/italian flag colors but he told me, he didnt wanted to confuse his mexican rod with an Italian rod  :o  :o  ::)  ::)
so, he make me put the eagle/snake mex emblem on the white band in all guides

The Baja Guy

Swami805

Nice rod Alex, super clean. Are those the new American tackle guides? Viritus or whatever that name is?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cor

Cornelis

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on April 02, 2022, 04:27:35 AMNice rod Alex, super clean. Are those the new American tackle guides? Viritus or whatever that name is?

thats correct compadre,  high frame Virtus stripping guides.

I having problems to find Low Rider 20 Fuji guide for using it as Striper guide on jigging rods
The Baja Guy

Jeri

Try:

https://www.guidesnblanks.com/p/fuji_cclcag_low_rider_bright_finish

for Low Riders, though you might have trouble getting black painted stainless steel, as they have been discontinued since before Covid.

steelfish

Quote from: Cor on April 02, 2022, 07:28:36 AMLooks like a very heavy extra strong rod, this last photo.

this one was a Penn stand-up Slammer rod, it all glass, thick tip section yet flexible, good for trolling.

@ Jeri, thanks for the link
The Baja Guy

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)