Abercrombie & Fitch 200/6 Spinner

Started by Paul Roberts, April 06, 2022, 09:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Roberts

Yes, that could be. It thermoclines in summer I'm told, yet only 10ft deep. With all the forest cover and topography, it might not mix much.

Paul Roberts

Quote from: DougK on April 08, 2022, 05:14:15 PMvery nice..

I have the A&F 150 Three, has that same antireverse, and the grindy gears.. in fact went out and bought a Zebco 850 to replace the gears. Shimming the main gear, between gear and housing, also seems to help a bit.

Doug, I noticed the bail on your 150/3 is off horizontal. Mine was too. The rubber bail bumper had crushed over time by the bail closing action. So I replaced the bumper with a piece of thick felt. It's beginning to deform too so I'll have to replace that with something more durable eventually; Probably a foam or "rubber" of some type.

DougK

Quote from: Paul Roberts on April 25, 2022, 07:21:25 AMDoug, I noticed the bail on your 150/3 is off horizontal. Mine was too. The rubber bail bumper had crushed over time by the bail closing action.

huh interesting, I'd never noticed ;-)

I was stripping some electrical wire last weekend, think a bit of the heavier wire housing might fit nicely on that bail bumper pin..

Paul Roberts

Quote from: DougK on April 29, 2022, 02:48:27 PM
Quote from: Paul Roberts on April 25, 2022, 07:21:25 AMDoug, I noticed the bail on your 150/3 is off horizontal. Mine was too. The rubber bail bumper had crushed over time by the bail closing action.

huh interesting, I'd never noticed ;-)

I was stripping some electrical wire last weekend, think a bit of the heavier wire housing might fit nicely on that bail bumper pin..
Good idea. I didn't think of that and cemented a couple leather discs popped from a leather punch onto the flat plate where the old rubber bumper had been. I think your idea is simpler.