Jaws movie rod & reel

Started by Maxed Out, April 12, 2022, 09:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Someone on ebay just listed what they claim to be the 16/0 rod and reel from the Jaws movie for $12 grand. Is it real, or is it an imposter ??

I have no clue how to share a link, so maybe someone could post it here

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Aiala

Caveat emptor...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304440793230?hash=item46e215d88e:g:NAAAAOSwTzpiVdLM

It's patently absurd, anyway. A rod like that (I had several in lower weight-class) would always have a heavyweight Penn International or Fin-Nor mounted.

He will NOT pass Go, will not get twelve thousand dollars. but may be lucky enough to escape the men in the white coats.  ;D   

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

54bullseye

I think $1200 would be high !!!!   JT

handi2

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 12, 2022, 09:28:34 PMSomeone on ebay just listed what they claim to be the 16/0 rod and reel from the Jaws movie for $12 grand. Is it real, or is it an imposter ??

I have no clue how to share a link, so maybe someone could post it here

Ted

I thought I had it..!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

Yes Keith, I remember selling it to you couple years ago. I'm your guy if you ever decide to part ways with that combo

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

oc1

He says it is LIKE the one in the movie but on a different color rod.

thorhammer

I hope he gets it. That means someone might give enough for my collection that I can retire.

foakes

With inflation the way it is —- maybe that price is too low!

There are some weird ideas on eBay.

But you got to hand it to him —- he is fishing on dry ground for a buyer.

If I sold everything in my fishing parts for what I told my wife I think it is worth —- we would be retired tackle Oligarchs.

If I sold it for what I know it is worth —- well, we would be happy and just exactly where we are now.

This guy is way too slippery and very mis-leading in his description. 

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

Not even close. Just about everything he says in his description is wrong.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

JasonGotaProblem

Man, i got a fork just like the one that they ate with in jaws. Not the same fork, this one's never even been to Hollywood. but it's just like it.

$38k obo.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

RowdyW

New sale price! $2000, Grab it Quick!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on April 13, 2022, 07:58:08 PMNew sale price! $2000, Grab it Quick!

He knocks off another Zero and he will meet my offer  :fish
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Hey Henry —-

Thinking a 16/0 with a Fenwick 130 rod could be bought for $200 —- is the same as thinking it is worth $12,000.

😄😄😄

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

I've seen people fish for Suckers w/ rather stout Catfish rod/reel...  but, never a 16/0+130# Fen